Do you believe in miracles?

by hibiscusfire 108 Replies latest jw friends

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Crumpet:

In your opinion thats a miracle - in my opinion its big ugly mistake!

Are you saying that you are an ugly mistake too...That's harsh don't you think?

Hibi

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

miracle

NOUN: 1. One that evokes great surprise and admiration: astonishment, marvel, phenomenon, prodigy, sensation, stunner, wonder, wonderment. Idioms: one for the books, the eighth wonder of the world. See GOOD . 2. An event inexplicable by the laws of nature: wonder. See SUPERNATURAL
  • Crumpet
    Crumpet

Harsh but true.

If I were to speak feeling less cynically then I would call all that is beautiful about this planet miraculous and worthy of my awe.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Crumpet: Harsh but true.

If I were to speak feeling less cynically then I would call all that is beautiful about this planet miraculous and worthy of my awe. Then it's a miracle that you do believe in miracles then? Hib

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Life is a miracle not science!!!!!

Science cannot even come close to the miracle of life.

Hib

• lucky
    lucky

did anyone see the Daily Show last night? (do you europeans get it on CNN or another channel? Here in the US it's on Comedy Central). They had a segment on "Miracles" and were talking about the plane crash in Toronto. John Stewart quoted a definition of miracles (similar to Terry's definition) and said so the "act of God involved in all this was actually the lightning striking the plane". It wasn't a miracle that everyone got out alive. It was due to the quick thinking on the part of all the people involved. Of course, he was very funny about it all. But I agree with him; a lot of things that getted marked down as "miracles" are actually people just showing good, quick judgement in challenging situations.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    One that evokes great surprise and admiration: astonishment, marvel, phenomenon, prodigy, sensation, stunner, wonder, wonderment

I believe as per defnition 1 and not definition 2.

Getting up and to work on time this morning Evoked great surprise in my boss. He believes in miracles.

Eating a plate of red hot chillis aroused great admiration in my step daughter - she believes in miracles.

etc...

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Evolutionists hoped their students would believe without question that amino acids would produce life. But Heinze reveals the facts evolutionists won't tell you. ......

The amino acids produced would not work in any living things. The more recently suggested steps in "Chemical evolution" will not take place either. The idea is scientifically bankrupt, and the foundation of evolutionary thinking is destroyed.

Life is indeed a miracle from God.

HF

• xjwms
    xjwms

Once upon a time in a land far far away I thought I was guided by my God.

and maybe it was a miracle. I think we are just on our own.

Just me.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Lucky: Did anyone see the Daily Show last night? (do you europeans get it on CNN or another channel? Here in the US it's on Comedy Central). They had a segment on "Miracles" and were talking about the plane crash in Toronto. John Stewart quoted a definition of miracles (similar to Terry's definition) and said so the "act of God involved in all this was actually the lightning striking the plane". It wasn't a miracle that everyone got out alive. It was due to the quick thinking on the part of all the people involved. Of course, he was very funny about it all. But I agree with him; a lot of things that getted marked down as "miracles" are actually people just showing good, quick judgement in challenging situations. I know about this. I saw the pictures. You know what? As long as people could get God out of the picture they'd say things like that. Yet people who are wiser and perhaps even older would definitely say it is a MIRACLE. Why did the word miracle came to be if some people just can't accept it. Seeing is believing YET I don't think people realise they are doing the opposite. HF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit