Another life.. another.. birth. :)

by GetBusyLiving 74 Replies latest jw friends

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Sorry Hib but your tripe won't fly with me.
    I've shared something with you and this board that probably only 2 or 3 people know about in real life. My childhood wasn't very nice Hib. And you say I haven't done enough. LOL. I mock you and your crappy faith.

I realized somewhere shortly after that Hib that I needed to put my life together. And I have. I love myself now Hib. I love being gay....I wouldn't change it for the world. Where once upon a time it was a curse and made life harder....I'm a firm believer it's made me who I am today. To be able to bear down in the worst of times...to get thru things. That is why my life is a success today. He didn't bother to answer then when I was seeking him....I take that to mean he loves me just the way I am. If not...well shame on him.

So to tell me I needed to "do more" is laughable. You're advice was as silly as the Dubs. Go to more meetings, go in more service, blah, blah. Guess what he didn't answer. Maybe he was taking a dump on the privvy those years I needed him...who knows.

But I'm fully happy in my spirituality now.

• Satanus
    Satanus

A few more god giving birth references: http://net-burst.net/god/mom.htm

God as Mother

God is here shown as being like a woman in childbirth:

Isaiah 42:14 “For a long time I have kept silent, I have been quiet and held myself back. But now, like a woman in childbirth, I cry out, I gasp and pant. (15) I will lay waste the mountains and hills and dry up all their vegetation; I will turn rivers into islands and dry up the pools.

The latter part of the following verse clearly refers to the female role in procreation, and in the Hebrew it alludes not only to giving birth but to the pain involved. The first part of the verse is usually believed to refer to the male role in procreation and the Hebrew is capable of that meaning. A. D. H. Mayes, however, points out that the word usually means ‘bore,’ and if that is what is meant here, then this part of the verse is also female imagery.

Deuteronomy 32:18 You deserted the Rock, who fathered you; you forgot the God who gave you birth.

This refers to God giving birth:

Psalms 90:2 Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God. The Hebrew translated ‘you brought forth’ means primarily ‘to be in pangs with child,’ ‘to bear a child.’ (Reference)

Scripture gives other hints of the imagery of God giving birth.

Moses probably meant in the following that God had given birth to the Israelites and that it was therefore God’s duty to mother them.

Numbers 11:12 Did I conceive all these people? Did I give them birth? Why do you tell me to carry them in my arms, as a nurse carries an infant, to the land you promised on oath to their forefathers?

Although in the original Greek the term in the following might possibly be capable of sufficient stretching to apply to the male role in procreation, it is primarily a feminine, maternal term. This is so much the case that some radical Bible scholars have wrongly claimed the writer of this letter believed in a different God to that of other writers of Scripture. This argument disintegrates in the face of all the Old Testament precedents in applying to God both maternal and masculine terms.

James 1:18 He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.

• upside/down
    upside/down

"What's God?"

"You know when you wish for something really hard...He's the one ignoring you"- The Island

u/d(of the needs a clone class)

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

You are impossible Hib. I don't care what you believe in but, man, why can't you just respect obviously different belifes?? Why can't you just let it go?

Look at a guy like Honesty. He doesn't push his belief's on others. He RESPECTS our own personal beliefs. You could learn a lot from some of the Christians on this board.

GBL

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

EF: Sorry Hib but your tripe won't fly with me.

I've shared something with you and this board that probably only 2 or 3 people know about in real life. My childhood wasn't very nice Hib. And you say I haven't done enough. LOL. I mock you and your crappy faith.
    My childhood and a lot of christian people's childhood wasn't nice either. But we did not give up. e.g. there is this woman who was molested as a child time and time again. She asked God, "Why are you letting this happen to me?" But you know what she continued to have faith and she became saved. Right now is a beautiful singer. And she shared her testimony with us. She has made her own CDs and oh what a beautiful voice she has. She holds on to God. He has comforted her.

I realized somewhere shortly after that Hib that I needed to put my life together. And I have. I love myself now Hib. I love being gay....I wouldn't change it for the world. Where once upon a time it was a curse and made life harder....I'm a firm believer it's made me who I am today. To be able to bear down in the worst of times...to get thru things. That is why my life is a success today. He didn't bother to answer then when I was seeking him....I take that to mean he loves me just the way I am. If not...well shame on him.

Life is challenging EF. You have accepted yourself as being gay and YOU'RE NOT! God did not make you gay. The ugly evil people around you did. Satan did. You let them. You have the power to control your life. You hated it. Hate it still. That is not you! It's not. How can your life be a success? Do you plan to get married and have a family?? HOW? You have the power to say NO! IT'S NOT TOO LATE.

So to tell me I needed to "do more" is laughable. You're advice was as silly as the Dubs. Go to more meetings, go in more service, blah, blah. Guess what he didn't answer. Maybe he was taking a dump on the privvy those years I needed him...who knows.
    Whatever Dubs told you, well I don't know. That change is deep within yourself. You already have the answer but you are afraid. I tell you God will help you. He said that He will. Let God do this for you. Don't give up. You cannot be truely happy. You are a child of God not the world.

But I'm fully happy in my spirituality now. Spirituality has nothing to do with this. You are destroying your own soul. God hates homosexuality because He did not create it. That's why He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. Is this what you truely want EF. IF YOU SAY YES YOU ARE LYING! Hibie

• upside/down
    upside/down

YOU ARE LYING!

That's pretty harsh...

How dare you JUDGE... fortunately your Bible says your "God" will treat you likewise...

Dude...chill out.

Why do "religious" people have to scream their insecurities... through judgement?

I never did "get" this...

u/d (of the doesn't mind red letters class)

• Satanus
    Satanus

"A SEED SHALL SERVE HIM; it shall be accounted to the Lord FOR A GENERATION.
    "They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto A PEOPLE THAT SHALL BE BORN, that he hath done this (Psa. 22:28,30,31)

"...Wherefore hast thou afflicted thy servant? and wherefore have I not found favor in thy sight, that thou layest the burden of all this people upon me?
    "HAVE I CONCEIVED ALL THIS PEOPLE? HAVE I BEGOTTEN THEM..." (Num 11:11, 12).

"OF THE ROCK THAT BEGAT THEE thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee."
    Then there is the 'born again' concept.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath BEGOTTEN US AGAIN unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead"
    "BEING BORN AGAIN, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever" (I Peter 1:3, 23).

"But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared.
    "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by THE WASHING OF REGENERATION, and renewing of the Holy Ghost" (Tit. 3:4,5).

"And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, IN THE REGENERATION when the Son of Man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel." Matthew 19:28

"Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
    "That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." John 3:5,6

Rather it is the Spirit of God giving birth to a new life--a divine life and nature. It is partaking of the Divine nature 2 Pet. 1:4

S

• Ellie
    Ellie

If I could go back and change my life I wouldn't, even the horrible bits because the end results might be worse than what I have now, and I am happy now so what would be the point?

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

u/d:

YOU ARE LYING!

That's pretty harsh...

Sometimes people want to be babied up too much and hear: "Oh that's ok. It's ok."

Just like:"Spare the rod and spoil the child" (note I never said child abuse)

It's like if you don't correct a child when he/she does something wrong growing up that child would think: "Oh ho it's ok to dig my nose and eat it. I will do it still." Honestly I have seen grown ups do that.

That's just an example.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

Spirituality has nothing to do with this. You are destroying your own soul. God hates homosexuality because He did not create it. That's why He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. Is this what you truely want EF. IF YOU SAY YES YOU ARE LYING!

EF, man, looks like you're in for it. LOL. maybe she'll be reincarnated as a dung beetle in her next life, yes?

anyways Hibis,

i think your post breaks the second rule of the posting guidlines. it is hate speech:

Inciting hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic.

why would i say this? well, it's not lost on anyone here at this board, that the bible says we are to hate what is bad, and love what is good. in your comment you say that God hates homosexuality, and by extension homosexuals. so this is hate speech. originally found in your holy word da bible, and now found on this thread, thanks to your idiocy.

get a grip woman.

TS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit