Another life.. another.. birth. :)

by GetBusyLiving 74 Replies latest jw friends

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

littlerockguy:

I just love it when heterosexual people open their mouths and actually tell people who are gay why they are and what made them that way. *trying to remember what evil people I was around when I was a little child and not molested who could have possibly made me gay* and if Satan and his demons did as you say, why didn't God cure me all the years I was "in the troof"?

Then how would you explain it rockguy? There is always a story behind it.....and it could be very very painful to talk about. How would you know? Do you feel compassion?

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

GBL:

No evidence. Something that means nothing to you fundy Bible thumpers apparently.

Oh perrrleeeze! No evidence my foot. That is why the world is going down the drain. It's like knowing who a murderer is you know. A person would have been threatened by the murderer, made reports and someone saw the murderer at the scene of the crime. But what you can't throw his tail in jail because you have NO EVIDENCE?

Steups!!!!!

NO EVIDENCE MY FOOT!!!

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

That was about the crappiest analogy I've ever heard. What would Jesus think of such poor reasoning? Tsk, tsk.

GBL

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hib:STFU!

Do you really think you're doing the cause of Christ any good by stirring folks up?? You're succeeding in hitting every trigger the WTS indoctrinated into us, and proving true to the implanted stereotypes.

GBL:
    Yeah, I'd go through it all again, coz it's made me who I am. I'm a bit of a chump sometimes, but it could be far worse.

Like you, I don't think the big picture involved free-will, though the small picture seems to.

EF:
    Sorry you had to suffer abuse on this thread, dude. To steal Hibs analogy, if you were in a tunnel, then this is where your tunnel led ya. Did you consider that the answer to your prayers was "No - I love you just the way you are!"?

Anyhow, I'd give more for spirituality and a tuppence of love, than religiosity and fundamentalist blind hatred, any day of the week!

• daystar
    daystar
    Then how would you explain it rockguy? There is always a story behind it.....and it could be very very painful to talk about. How would you know? Do you feel compassion?

Part of the problem is that you are speaking from the influence of a different premise than many other people. Because of your... instruction, you believe it to be abnormal to live an alternative lifestyle, when in fact, it is abnormal for at least part of many, many species of creature to not behave differently from the majority in this fashion.

In any case, I believe that the biblical directive against homosexuality is man-made and certainly not God-made. Since only man speaks out of ignorance, an omniscient and omnipotent God could not.

There is always a story behind it

You have to believe this in order for your belief to be true. However, it is not. I have known many homosexual men and women who were not traumatized into being gay. In fact, I find no correlation at all. I could say that in order to be heterosexual, one must have survived some sort of trauma and it would be just as ridiculous.

Why don't you research the subject and try to prove that homosexuality is always caused by some trauma, some story.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Yes LT and GBL....

You would say things like that because you have a hard heart. Plus you think that by accepting a person the way he/she is as gay makes it ok. But it's not. It's the generation now who is accepting it now openly. What did you used to think in the past? Be truthful!!!!!

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Sorry GBL for getting off the subject with my posts

Hibiscus:

How would I explain it? I, personally, do not know where my homosexuality came from. I was not molested sexually and there is no story of my life on how it came about. I didn't wake up one day and say Im going to gay. If I wasn't gay I would probaby be just like you, telling everybody how evil and unnatural it is, but I am and there is nothing that can be done about it. It took me over 30 years for me to come to terms with that it not just a phase or it will eventually go away. People like you do not know and never will know what it is like to be this way ("in the organization" or "in the world").

Hypothetically Hibiscus, what if your natural sexual urge was turned around and instead of getting sexually turned on by a masculine male the opposite happened and you became sexually attracted to a female and there was nothing you could do. Of course you would obviously try to do the righteous thing and abstain from "abnormal" behavior. Even if you did abstain and people found out your sexual orientation (and they will since many people around me knew I was gay or had tendencies even before I knew myself) you would be judged and carry a stigma by most; especially bible thumping fundalmentalists.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Honestly Hib, I tried to believe that being gay was an abomination when I was a young Dub because I was told to. But I never ever believed that. You aren't able to have any empathy because you follow that book by the letter. WAKE UP!! Get a freaking clue. What else am I supposed to say to you, you ignore everything!

GBL

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Evilforce:

If you had another life...another ...birth WOULD YOU HONESTLY CHOOSE TO BE GAY?

Hibie.

• daystar
    daystar
    If you had another life...another ...birth WOULD YOU HONESTLY CHOOSE TO BE GAY?

I won't answer for EF, of course. Why would someone choose to be anything other than the way your God made them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit