Another life.. another.. birth. :)

by GetBusyLiving 74 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hib:
    When did you start reading hearts for a living?

Give it up, and leave it to Christ. I did, and life's a lot better now. Alternatively continue walking the walk of a judgemental pharisee...

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Hib it has never been a choice for me. For me to say I choose means I can turn it on and off I can't.
    Asking if I could "do it all over" and choose is silly. Would you choose to be white if you could or black? Black (and gays) would automatically put you at a disadvantage, some people would hate you for your skin color or sexual orientation.
    But you know what Hib....I look at my sexuality as a gift. I love myself. I love who I am. I do not deserve all the good things in my life. I have an abundance of awesome friends. I have a husband that loves me and I love him. We cherish every moment we have to spend together. I don't deserve all the good things I have.
    I can honestly say I wouldn't change a thing that has happened in my life. For if I change one small thing it might undo all the great things I have.
    While I had a crappy teenage life...I was not molested. Nor raped, nor any other sexually traumatizing thing. Your dear friend Dobson uses the molestation thing as an urban legend and it's highly insulting.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I think us ex JWs' are a great breed. So I reckon we just leave things as they should be. We appreciate life/freedom of expression a lot more (I think).

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Hib, I read with embarassment and appeal for a little Christian love.

What if you have fundamentally misunderstood scriptures? You appear too proud even to consider that possibility.

When Paul classified acts of sinful nature (Gal 5:19-20) these were not moral rules prohibiting specific practices. They were written by the very same person that said that written rules kill, we must live by the spirit (see 2 Cor 3:6).

In the Greek there were refernces to general sexual practices that dishonour human dignity or break human relationships. Paul classifies as wrong anything that impacts on personal relationships of integrity, respect, trust and loyalty. These are contrasted with the fruits of the spirit.

If you choose to believe the Bible teaches the things you have said on this thread then be consistent, and say that women should be stoned to death for adultery, or the death penalty should apply for disobedience to parents. If you follow scholarly Biblical interpretation, you will find it teaches the opposite to what you think about many things.

But you are so sure you understand what the Bible teaches! I'm waiting for the considered response....

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Back to the original question - I would do some things differently definately.

I wish I had got a career way sooner than I have done. I think I could have been good, maybe even great if I had used my youthful confidence on something worthwhile.

There are lots of lies I wouldnt tell second time round, and a few I should have and didnt!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit