Another life.. another.. birth. :)

by GetBusyLiving 74 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Would you do it all differently if you could? Do you think your absurd experience has added anything to your life? Are we supposed to be ex-JW's?

I don't believe in God or fate or any of that shit.. but sometimes I think we are what we are for a reason.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Wouldn't do a damn thing different mate. It would be hard, there would be things I would want to change... but in reality, do I really want to be anywhere other than where I am now?

FMZ

• Satanus
    Satanus

It might have been better if i got out of the wt when i was a teenager, got some therapy, had a more normal life ...

S

• Dustin
    Dustin

GBL - I have the same thoughts often. I know I would do it different, but I do like what I have become. Sometimes I wish I could live it all over. But in the end I guess we get one go around. At least me and you are still young enough to not repeat our mistakes and still have some fun.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

in an ideal sense, i would love to do it all over again with the knowledge that i have now. you know, right? like some crazy-ass prodigy-infant that scares the shit out of the world with his knowledge. lol.

but in a real sense, when reflecting on the universe, and it's physical properties that we know about, i would not say that we have free will at all. but that we are what we are (reason or naught), and there's no changing it. read: we would not be able to create a machine that would allow us to change any of it. it would be impossible. hey, have you seen that movie: Primer?

hope all is well man,

josh

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

GBL,

When I first saw the Subject title, I said to myself, "So... someone's knocked his girlfriend up."

As to your question: Being a JW kinda gave me no childhood. Never got to do the things kids did. Of course, this isn't the fault of my parents, they always wanted me to go and have a good time, but I listened to those meetings and had a horrible childhood because of it.

I'm jaded, cynical, and sarcastic. Being a JW made me that way? Possibly, but I enjoy be sarcastic at least.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hey bro (tetra), I've seen "Primer" - sweet movie! I loved the dialog in that flick man.

clasisist.. I've also become a sarcastic bastard. Every time I hear a normie talk about how they don't believe in God or religion but they are a very "spiritual" type of person I become a raging loud mouthed atheist bent on destroying their dreams and diluted wishy - washyness. I feel like a JW experiment gone horribly wrong,

GBL

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

GBL: Would you do it all differently if you could? Do you think your absurd experience has added anything to your life? Are we supposed to be ex-JW's?

I don't believe in God or fate or any of that shit.. but sometimes I think we are what we are for a reason.

I'm not an Ex JW first of all but.......
    If only we could turn back time and change the wrong decisions we ever made in the past into better ones....BUT WE CAN'T.

I believe that God has a plan for our lives. It's like a tunnel. God put us in a tunnel which at the end fulfills His plan. However in the tunnel there are exits and entrances. Sometimes we leave the tunnel and choose to go out an exit out of the perfectly planned tunnel.

There we get into some difficulties. When we re-enter the tunnel through one of the entrances we would have missed out on the opportunities that God had in store for us because we cannot go back. Yet when we re-enter we can still stay in the tunnel until we reach the end. There is still hope unless we go out another exit along the way.....plans would change again. Either we get back in and end up with happiness or we stay out and ruin God's plan for us.

Hibiscusfire

There is light at the end of God's tunnel.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

The best compliment that I can think to ever give you Hib is that you are certainly not a wishy-washy normie. For better or worse.

GBL

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Yup....and the light is actually a train ready to smack full force into you at 75 mph....leaving your bloody corpse as a rail slickened puddle of ooze.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit