THEY MURDERED MY DAUGHTER - WILL YOU HELP ?????

by SHUNNED FATHER 82 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Bethany Hughes died here in Alberta. I have followed her story with interest, including reading the court's full judgements. Lawrence Hughes even came and spoke to us. For those of us wondering about apparent inconsistencies,

• Bethany was originally put under government custody so that she could be administered blood transfusions. It was at this time that Lawrence re-read all the scriptures on blood, and came to a different conclusion than the society.
    • Bethany became so ill that the doctors considered her to be terminal. Her status was changed to "mature minor", as the doctors were convinced that she was now fully aware of the gravity of her condition, and could make decisions about her own health care. The government gave back custody to the parents.
    • About the same time Lawrence was denied access to his daughter and was not told where she was, as he and his wife were estranged over the issue. He was not given enough time, even, to travel to her bedside when she died.
    • This explains how Bethany early on received blood transfusions, and later stopped.
    • According to Lawrence Hughes, Bethany was on a treatment that made her severely anaemic. The treatment most likely killed her, and she would have likely lived longer if they had either left her alone, or given her a blood transfusion.

Even though Bethany was very determined to uphold the society's stand on blood, including speaking up about her rights on radio and writing a poem, I have my doubts as to how much Bethany was in charge of her own choices. We all know what kind of pressure the society can bring to bear. A portion of that poem, by the way, was read at the last convention. Pretty typical of the society. Don't give full credit to the individual martyr. Quote a snippet instead, a token memorial.

defd, whenever I read an amazing story on this board, I go and check it out myself before spouting my doubts. As others have said, do your own research.

• Xandria
    Xandria

SF:

I hope all goes well at the rally. I am truly sorry for your loss and am deeply saddened that someone has the gall to question the vaildity of your daughter's life and even more borish is trying to argue facts on a thread that is dedicated for your daughter.

But, he is just providing a testamemt for the rest of us, by actually showing the lack of fruits of the spirit. Such as: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, COMPASSION, just to name a few. In his unrelentless persuit of the subject, he has proven that this religion does not follow the teachings of the bible.

For it is said to be as wise as a serpent and as gentle as a dove. He has been hard core and even down right cruel. Yet, not all is lost~ he has proven your point to for you Shunned Father. That the one minded relentless persuit of being right over rides bible teaching. I am sure the big Jah in the sky appreciates your representation of "his" organization.

Regards,

X.

• shera
    shera

Shunned Father so sorry. ****hugs****

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

The Org get away with so so much. I hope for SHUNNED FATHER's sake this isnt the latest. I hope this hits the fan big style and gets as much publicity as possible.

My thoughts are with you.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    A portion of that poem, by the way, was read at the last convention.

SICK! Do they not GET it that people dying is NOT something to brag about? Why is this so hard for them to understand? @#$$%&*&(*

(takes deep breath)

• Soledad
    Soledad

Lawrence you have my email address please dont hesitate to contact me with any help you need. I live in the NYC area

• pratt1
    pratt1

Shunned Father, 1st my heartfelt sympathy goes out to you all who knew and loved you daughter.

2nd, I would liketo participate in the rally in Brooklyn.

I will mark it as a date on my calendar, but please pm me with more details as the time draws close.

Dfed, I truly feel sorry for you. I remember being so blinded by the "truth" that I was skeptical of anything that was said negatively about the dubs.

I pray for you.

• Carol
    Carol

(((((((((((((((((Shunned Father)))))))))))))))))

My heart goes out to you for all you have been through at the hands of the WTB&TS. I am going to try to fly up from Florida for the protest. I've been toying with the idea of a visit to NYC, so this might be just the incentive I need. Please keep us posted as to the plans. I also liked the suggestion about writing letters, etc. perhaps that could also be done.

to def'd....perhaps instead of hijacking someone thread...you might want to start one of your own under Members: Adult & Heated Debates. Rather than being a "good witness", you remind me of one of Satan's Demons trying to interfere with good Shunned Father is trying to do my exposing the lies the WTB&TS tells on a regular basis. Personally I think you should be Disfellowshipped from this board. Even though the members of this board can and do often get into heated discussions and debates......until this thread I do not think I have ever seen someone so viciously call another person a liar......maybe you should visit other sites on the board and do a little background research before you do any more posting...so you'll know a little bit about the other posters.....that is if our administrator is kind enough to let you stay.

• Es
    Es

Im so so sorry for your lose shunned father im also sorry that your thread has turned into what it has. es

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

Shunned Father,

I am not at JWD much. Your thread was mentioned at JWC, so I came to read about it. I am very, very sorry to hear about what happened to you. It is great to see the support that you are getting.

I live in London, Ontario, so I am hoping to possibly be able to make the trip to Toronto and join you for the protest. I am going to mention this over at JWC as well, so that all there know about it as well. If there is anything else I can do, PM me please.

Take care. I can relate to your pain only to a much lesser degree, but I can imagine how you feel. *hugs Lawrence*

Brad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit