most embarrasing thing ever at a meeting ...

by alliwannadoislive 116 Replies latest jw friends

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

yipee i got my ID back - thank you simon sir ...

ramona - i am soo sorry if we have offended you - to be honest, i feel that the laughs here have, on the whole, been quite considerate and clearly marked with affection for the people concerned - i have to say i have heard many a spiteful and inconsiderate comment made by those with a 'good standing' ... bty are you allowed to say 'fart' ? ... anyway - welcome - and it's good i've got two newbies to make their first comment !

joelbear - could you expand on which of the topics you were most experienced at ? ... perhaps not ... ahem ...

tina - i agree that you are indeed a little ... fruity ... um ... where did you say you were ? ... heehee ...

• ofcmad
    ofcmad

Oh My Goodness!!!!
    I absolutely LOVED these posts.

To Kilroy -
    I noticed you are familiar with Arcadia Cong. Do you know a Joe and Jan Arena?

Now... to add my two cents..
    Which sister hasn't ever walked down the aisle of the KH with her skirt stuck in her pantyhose? LOL I know I did that on one of many occassions.

I remember during the kingdom ministry school.. (we had two going on at the same time; I was in the second one). A young boy was sitting on my friends lap. She was bouncing him up and down. Well, he proceeded to fart..and in sync with every bump!

This same sisters brother was giving a talk during the KM School. His was on Genesis..where Adam and Eve had realized their nakedness. Instead of saying "Nay-Kid" he would say "nayked". (One syllabyle like raked).

I also remember the time I fell asleep during the bookstudy. All of a sudden, I jerked out of my deep sleep kicking the back of the chair in front of me.. mortified!

Or the time my mother found a beautiful crocheted "hat" at the local thrift store. She wore it out in service. Unbeknownest to her, it was a toliet paper cover. I told her, but she wouldn't beleive.

ofcmad

"Noah was a drunk and look what he accomplished." The Metatron/Dogma
  • slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Hi Ramona! I'm glad that you stopped by and added your thoughts to the post.

I hope that you post again. Please stay and read a few more posts before you decide that this isn't the place you thought it was. I'm glad you're here.

Slipnslidemaster: "The gods too are fond of a joke."
    - Aristotle

• Englishman
    Englishman

I once had to give a talk on the dangers of gossip. The outline mentioned that sisters were vulnerable to this and needed to read the scriptures to fill their pretty little heads with good, protective thoughts.

I'm starting to blush as I recall this! What I actually said was: "All sisters need internal protection!"

Oh God.

Englishman.

..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

• mustbejoking
    mustbejoking

At a service meeting a brother had a talk on histoprical proof of Jesus. At one point he said "Until recent times, historians did not believe that a man named Pontious Pilate ever existed... until they dug up a coin with him on it" A vision of a roman guy sitting on a coin entered my head and I started shaking with laughter. I was at the front (doing the sound and was especially visible to the rest of the cong) a snigger went round followed by full blown laughter - poor brother new never even realised what he had said and just grinned and plowed on

Mike

• mustbejoking
    mustbejoking

Anyone remember when we had pianos to accompany the singing? We had an elderly sister (losing it a bit but the only one who could play) At the end of a meeting we got through one verse of a song (it was a purple book I recall) but the wind blew the her song book pages over and she started playing a different song to that which the congregation was singing! - the result was hilarious - everyone tried to fit the words to the wrong music - wrong tempo - wrong key - Brilliant! Then brother party pooper tapped her on the shoulder and instigated a re-start

Mike

• mustbejoking
    mustbejoking

Couple more - new interested family attended their first meeting. The woman brought along her three kids ( about aged 8 - 12 maybe) These kids were not trained in KH behaviour. The family sat near the front of the hall. At half time (it was an evening meeting) they slipped out and came back with fish and chips (this is an English traditional take-away food - usually covered in salt and vinegar and has a quite a smell) They proceeded to eat the fish and chips and even cracked open a can of Coke during the second half of the meeting.

• individuals wife
    individuals wife

mustbejoking - a big welcome to the board first of all!

They proceeded to eat the fish and chips and even cracked open a can of Coke during the second half of the meeting.

Absolutely brilliant, would have loved to have been there - thanks for giving me a huge belly laugh! Maybe not quite fishes and loaves but almost!!

Good to have you with us.

• mustbejoking
    mustbejoking
    Good to have you with us.

Thanks - will have to rack my brains for a few more

Is the list JWs, ex JWs or a mix? Not had time to look around yet

Cheers

Mike

• individuals wife
    individuals wife

must be joking, or may I call you mike?!

Is the list JWs, ex JWs or a mix? Not had time to look around yet

You'll find a huge variety of characters in here, at all different stages of 'JWness'. That is what makes it so interesting, pull up a comfy chair and have a good look around!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and as I'm in a 'most embarrasing thing ever at a meeting' thread I had better add my own personal red-faced occasion.....
    I was at the meeting once with my son on my lap, must have been about 2 years old, didn't realise until later whilst I was walking about after the meeting was over that he been undoing the majority of my blouse buttons. Talk about blush!!!! Why didn't anyone tell me???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit