most embarrasing thing ever at a meeting ...

by alliwannadoislive 116 Replies latest jw friends

• Judith
    Judith

I took my neice and nephew, ages 5 and 3 to the kingdom hall because I was watching them overnight and couldn't miss a meeting. I gave them "My Book of Bible Stories" to look at while the meeting was going on. In the middle of the talk, my neice says, in her biggest voice, "Look, it's Aunt Judy" as she held the book up to people behind us and pointing to Jezebel. Ha ha ha.

Guess some of the sisters were right when they said I would have to tone myself down a bit if I wanted to go out in service.

JJ

• Tammie
    Tammie

My moment at the KH. Well it all started because the brothers would not call on me to give answers. I would raise my hand a number of times, but they would not pay any attention to me. This went on for several weeks. After a while I was getting pissed off, because I was not called to answer. So I said to my self, "OK, IF THOSE BUTT HEADS AIN'T GOING TO CALL ON ME, THEN I WILL WEAR THE MOST BRIGHTEST COLOR I CAN FIND." And I did exactly that. For the Theocaratic/Service meeting, I wore the most brightest orange sweater that I could find. It was a neon orange color. I mean that sweater would glow, it was so bright. Well when I got into the KH, and before I could take off my coat, a brother came up to me and said, I have this part for you to do tonight. Man was I floored. I had no choice, but to do the part. If you was wondering, the part had to deal with a FS setting. Lets just say, that I was DEFENTLY the center of attraction on that stage. After the meeting was over I had an elder ask me why I wore such a bright sweater. I told him I had no choice, because you guys did not give me any notice on my part. And I was tired of not being called to give answers also. Lets just say 2 things happened as a result. 1. They started to give at least a weeks noticed, to the person on any meeting parts they may have. 2. I never had a problem being called on again, after that.

• Tammie
    Tammie

I almost forgot, I also had a moment after I had children. At the time I had a new born, and a 2 years old. My husband was not with me that night. I was trying to handle the new baby, when my 2 year old got up and started to run around the KH. No one stopped my child, so there I was chasing him around the KH. If you think that was bad, well lets just say he did it 2 more times. I was so humilated, that I just picked up my children and left.

• ItsJustMe
    ItsJustMe

At a wedding talk the brother said he hoped the couple had a "SEXessful marriage".

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

In our congregation, we had two rooms up in front connected to the stage. One of these rooms was for storage and the other was used in demonstrations for door to door stuff.

Once, during the Public talk, one of the Witness families in attendence was having problems with their kids. They believed in corporal punishment in a big way in my congregation and during the talk, both the mother and father of this large family took three or four of their kids back into the bathroom to beat them. After the parents and the kids came back out and sat down, the kids were crying and acting up in a few minutes and again they started hauling the kids back to the bathroom. These kids ranged in age from about 6 years old to about 14, anyway one of the kids broke free and ran up to the stage and went inside the storage closet!

The brother on the stage was from out of town and didn't know what to do and just stopped his talk. The mother ran up to the stage when she realized one had gotten away but the kid had locked himself in, and she was pounding on the door for him to open it up. Finally, he did open it and she went inside and whipped him good.

Nobody in that damn congregation said a word as she continued to beat him until her anger was exhausted, and that seemed several minutes later. Eventually the brother started his talk again but he was clearly shaken up by the experience.

I was embarrased for him and the humilation everyone felt from the whole thing. Soon afterwards, our congregation voted to build a "crying room" for parents to take their kids and punish them so not to disturb people in the audience.

You can call it what you want but I call it sanctioned child abuse.

Skipper

All great deeds and all great thoughts have ridiculous beginnings--Albert Camus

• conflicted
    conflicted

I remember one night when we were at a bookstudy. The usual host family was on vacation, so we went to another families house. The meeting is going on normally when a little boy (6 years old) starts to fuss and make noise. Fisrt his mother tries to quiet his down, and when this didn't work she lets him sit on her lap. A little while later he's still squirmy and disrupting and trying to take up his mother's blouse. Finally he hollers out, "C'MON MOMMA, I WANT TITTY!" Then she lifts her blouse and starts to nurse her six year old son right in the middle of the book study. The whole group was speechless.

• Andee
    Andee

I don't have any funny story to share. I just HAD to comment on Judith's post.

Here it is: LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Andee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit