most embarrasing thing ever at a meeting ...

by alliwannadoislive 116 Replies latest jw friends

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

hey ... i'm just getting into the swing of this great 'apostasy' thing right ... ? ... i thought y'all out there might well have a story or two to tell, so ... plz tell me tell me tell me about the most embarrasing thing you ever saw at a meeting ...

• sunstarr
    sunstarr

I didn't actually witness these, but heard through the grapevine:

At one particular meeting, during an audience discussion part, a sister with the last name Pain(spelling?) raised her hand to comment. It just so happened that she was seated in the back of the Kingdom Hall. So, as you might have guessed, when called on she was referred to as sister Pain in the rear.

While praying for the congregation at a meeting, one Asian brother petitioned God to "forgive us for our falling shorts."

That's all I have. Gave me a couple of laughs.

• bigboi
    bigboi

I also heard this particular experience through the grapevine.

There was this newly baptized brother who was chosen to conclude the service meeting in prayer. So he gets up to the podium and begins his prayer:

Bruh, Jehovah bruh, We thank you for such and such and so on.

Now I've heard of having a close relationship with God. But calling him "Bruh"? Hell, I don't think Jesus is that close! LOL!!!!!!
    You can bet it was a loooong time before he got another to pray from the platform!

ONE....

bigboi

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

heehee - ty for those - i soooooo didn't ever want to offer prayers at meetings - would grab one of the children and look harassed just to avoid it ... elders musta thought of me as brother pain in the backside ...

• Mulan
    Mulan

There was an elderly couple in our congregation, really sweet, and very financially successful. They had become dubs after retirement age. They were retired musicians, and owned a music store. They didn't do much as dubs, but were pretty regular at meetings, and gave occasional talks. The husband, who was about 75 at the time, gave a talk on the TM school (Bible reading). In his introduction, he lost his place in his notes, and said "where the F_ _ _ was I?" No one said a word, but it was deadly silent. I don't think he ever knew unless his wife told him.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

I don't know if this is true, but I heard that there was a brother that carried the microphones (they were cordless) and put it in his back pocket while he went to the restroom. The story goes that he had a bad case of the squirts and forgot to turn off the mic. After he walked out everyone was laughing and he was so embarassed that he walked out and never returned.

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

Once when we were young, my brother and sister, both little kids, fell asleep during the meeting. I was the big sister pretending to take notes and they drew pictures until they couldn't keep their eyes open any longer. Well, they had consumed a lot of milk with dinner. First my brother, then seconds later my sister, both peed in their sleep and it came through the back of the chairs onto the feet and legs of the people behind us. My mother was mortified and I was embarrassed, but then I couldn't stop from giggling as the woman behind us ran for towels and my mother rapped both kids on the head to wake them and dragged us out soon after that. I'm sure there was a lot of talk about that one.

My most embarrassing moment was when I had a crush on an elder's son and was invited to sit with his sister during the meeting. My "notes" fell out of my book and he was able to see my name with his last name written over and over in various forms on a sheet of paper. I wouldn't look at him again after that for weeks.

"Too much of a good thing, is wonderful."

Mae West

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

My funny story happened at a book study when a young but "up-and-coming" brother was given the "privilege" to approach the Most High Jehovah God in prayer. He began the prayer by saying, "Our Most Heavenly Father Satan, uh, Jehovah..."

This is NO JOKE! It really happened. My husband, my self and all our kids could not stop laughing.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

I heard the "forgive us our falling shorts" one before. Pretty funny.
    One I can think of right off the bat is a moment I personally had. In the late 70's we used to have a Book Study at our neighbors' house. The seats were those awful folding metal chairs. I was about 7 or 8 but I remember this so clear. During one Book Study, I cut loose with a big fart. It impacted with the seat of the metal chair and the chair only amplified it. The fart sounded like someone was dropping metal ball bearings on the metal chair.
    Well, what could we all do except laugh? Even I thought it was funny.
    mike.

"Well done, Blind Squirrel! You've found an impressive nut!

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

I actually felt sorry for this sister, but this was funny.

A very overweight sister came out of the KH bathroom with the bottom of her skirt tucked into the top of her pantyhose.

mpatrick

He does not believe who does not live according to his belief.-Thomas Fuller

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit