How many christian on this db

by gumby 58 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I don't know the exact percentage but there are several Taliban members here.

Rub a Dub

• gumby
    gumby

Rub a Dub....you've been slippin out to the barn and drinkin that everclear booze again.....ain't ya now? Ya poor bastard....I still have feelins for ya though.

Gumby

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Gumby, Gumby, Gumby

Thanks for the comment.

You know that I am still "in" but have to mask the irreverence in some way.

I mean no harm but try to keep a smile on everyones' face.

Rub a Dub

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

When this thread was first posted, I would have considered myself a Christian. Nowadays, I am an agnostic, with atheist leanings.

• gumby
    gumby
    I mean no harm but try to keep a smile on everyones' face.

Rub-a-dubber

Good for you. I now understand your comment before.

Fullofdoubtnow....I was a christian when I posted this thread and have become as you now are. Hey....you ain't no "Gemini" are ya? Me thinks you and I have lots and lots of company here.....cept fer some of these bastards here on JWD didn't do the christian route when they exited like we did.....stinkin cheaters!!!!!!

Gumby

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

There must be a God because I am angry at him.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I thought Gumby a newbie here with over 13000 posts, but then I realised it's an early post from old days.

My impression may be wrong but I think there are more atheists here than Christians, or perhaps they are just more vocal.

• gumby
    gumby

Grenndawn....you may be right.....but deep inside the heart of many who claim to be atheist here....somewhere there's a bit of a belief in a god(s). Lots of anger here and lots of denial.....in some, but not all. Life has it's mysteries than many cannot pass off easily as, "it just happened".

There must be a God because I am angry at him.

You see this alot in people....eh? Lol, how true.

Gumby

• poppers
    poppers

Jeez Gumby, reading that initial post in this thread was like looking back at a picture of someone when he was a kid wearing knickers.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Still a Christian, and still as unorthodox as ever

There are many things in life that I don't have definitive answers for, like why doesn't God "reveal" Himself personally to everyone, or why is there evil in the world. I have some stop-gap answers, that are semi-satisfying to me, but then I don't precisely know why I had an Egg and Bacon McMuffin this morning, either.

This thread sure was a blast from the past!

LT, of the "culinary agnostic" class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit