How many christian on this db

by gumby 58 Replies latest jw friends

• kid-A
    kid-A

Having witnessed Gumby "resurrect" a dead, 5 year old thread, even after advanced rigor mortis, I would have to say that having observed this miracle,

I am prepared to accept Gumby as my personal lord and saviour. Amen....

• Warlock
    Warlock

Kid-A

I didn't even notice that! He started this before I even started lurking (Nov. 2005). No wonder they call him GumJesus.

Warlock

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

This is a very difficult topic for me. I want to believe in Jehovah and Jesus and most of the time I do. But then, when I see the suffering of humanity and earthquakes, tsunami's killing thousands of people (basically when I watch the news), it makes me question. If I was an all powerful being that saw all of that happening and I could do something about it, I think I would and yet 2,000 years after Jesus, we haven't heard a peep.

When I was indecisive about leaving the organization, I begged Jehovah for a sign, some sort of answer. And there was nothing but silence, so, I made my own decision.

I see too many beautiful things to think that this world was not created by an intelligent being. Maybe, he grew tired of us and went on to another hobby.

So, most of the time I do believe (obviously I don't watch the news much ) in God and Jesus and I hope. It makes me happier to think that he is out there and he cares. Maybe one day.....

Loruhamah

• gumby
    gumby

That damn kid-A...he's always blowin my cover....but I'll still except his veneration of me. I usually charge a couple of G's for it....but I'll let the guy off the hook this go around.

Yes, it's an oldie thread, but people didn't respond like they do now since I've become godlike and stuff

*struts off*

GumphallicGod

• Warlock
    Warlock

If you're going to use the"ph" word, then you can't be GumJesus.

But, you could be GumMolech, or GumBaal.

Warlock

• under_believer
    under_believer

I think that the Apostle Peter was the last true Christian.
    I believe in the historical Jesus, but not necessarily the divine one. I think he had some great ideas. I think that if everyone followed his ideas (and only his ideas, not all the Judaic BS that preceded him and which his servants later reinstituted after he died) the world would be a better place. I aspire to the ideal he represents.
    Nevertheless I feel the same way about Ghandi, and William Tyndale, and Nelson Mandela, and the Dalai Lama.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Christian vs non christian seems like a very narrow way to define the world. Is there a third option? How about a fourth?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

If a person believes in god and/or christ but does not feel that god impact's their life are they a Christian?

• gumby
    gumby
    Christian vs non christian seems like a very narrow way to define the world. Is there a third option? How about a fourth?

NewYork....if you'll read the first part of this thread....your question was answered about 5 years ago

Gumby

• Warlock
    Warlock

Well, the joke's on me. I didn't even see THE YEAR this was started. 2001!!!!!!!! I told you I wasn't into deep research!!!!!

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit