An End To Shunning

by Sunspot 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• evita
    evita

I am so happy that you reconciled with your family. I wish my mom had done this sooner so I would have had more time with her before she died. Enjoy your loved ones!
    Eva

• Valis
    Valis

rock and roll! so nice to see this happen!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

It's after midnight, and this evening was loaded with more surprises!I am so psyched and want to share it all with you, my dear friends.

A lady came to the door just as I was putting up the last post for Brenda's "bttt" (this is why I dropped off the radar after that) and after I went and opened the door, she asked "how ARE you"? I said I was fine, wondering who she was and what she was there for LOL! She proceeded to open the door and come right on in, so I said "WHO are you" and she grabbed me and hugged me and told me her name.......my daughter-in-law who I hadn't seen since 1981!

I was amazed that she had hugged me because the whole time they had been married (until I lowered the BOMB on my son) she had NEVER hugged me or shown any affection whatsoever to me! I asked her to come into the living room, and hubby didn't know who the hell this lady was either! It seems that she had something to tell me.

My son (last night) had invited us to our grandaughter's birthday party next Sunday and she was here to ask that we not show up. The birthday girl is only 13, and my DIL felt it wouldn't be the best time to show up and have her try and deal with this at her party. I definetly agreed 100%. I hadn't planned on going for much the same reasoning, but it was so nice to be invited!

We chatted for a while and went throuhg a lot of the stuff that was discussed last nght, and then her celphone rang. My two grandaughters ( 13 and 18)had been going by and saw their Mom's car in the driveway and wondered what she waas doing here! She said just talking, do you want to stop here? And they did.

In the few minutes, as I was panicking for the second time since yesterday, my DIL said that the oldest girl had always said that "someday she was gonna come over here and gve me a piece of her mind about what I had done to her Dad" and my son had told me the same thing last night. So I was a wreck for the two minutes it took them to turn around and come back (straightening out the newspaper on the coffee table, fluffing pillows on the couch---I am SO cool under pressure....not)

They came in and hugged my hubby but went straight to the other end of the living room from where I was sitting. And we started in. Talk about the inquisition! But I answered things (HOW did you ever get involved with this religion, and what did my father do that was SO BAD that you would never speak to him again, etc.) the best that I could and apparently I passed the test. My DIL had to leave around 10:00 PM and the girls stayed on until midnight or so. We talked about lots of things, hobbies, crafts, etc along with an occasional WTS question tossed in here and there.

It went very well, despite my shaking knees and the utter disbelief that MY SON'S BABIES WERE SITTING RIGHT HERE ON MY COUCH!!! It was totally unreal! But the fact that they stayed so long (YAY) and that they felt comfortable even doing so (YAY) was such a wonderful moment! They didn't seem to want to leave, and said they'd be back often to catch up on a lot of things. (YAY)

I am sitting here still in a state of disbelief! They openly shared stuff about their lives (I didn't ask) and the oldest one gave me two email addies and place to "chat" with her online. When she was writing down the "place to talk to me" I asked asked about the phone! It's what I always think of when I want to talk to somebody!!! (grin)

But this phase also went very well, and I am beside myself with the sheer joy of it all! I have one more "test" to pass, my grandson, the oldest grandchild. I am told he is quiet and doesn't talk much, but with both girls being somewhat appeased that I am not the Wicked Witch of Oswego County (not officially anyway) it may be easier than expected to break ground with him.

When the oldest grandaughter first sat down she said she had a lot of questions she wanted me to answer, (and then she got very quiet), so after a couple of awkward moments, I said "Am I really the Witch that you heard I was? Why yes, I am! Or WAS" and she laughed and things calmed right down. from there!

So, dear friends, I hope I'm not boring you with all this! It has been a real roller-coaster ride the last 26 or so hours and I am so anxious to share all of it with you! I had planned on replying to the posters who were thoughtful enough to comment on this thread, but this all happened so I wanted to catch you all up on the latest developments.

Thanks for sticking with me as I drone on, and thanks for all the loving and kind support that one can only find on THIS forum!

hugs to all,

Annie

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

What an incredible sequel, Annie! I'm so happy you are about to forge a relationship with your granddaughters. I hope it goes just as well for you with your grandson.

Happy days are here again!!!!!

• rebel8
    rebel8

That is so wonderful!!!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

My deepest and most heartfelt thanks to all that sent such great comments on this thread! I don't think it has really sunk in yet. I still feel like me, and going about my usual daily routine its as though nothing has changed, until I remember the last two nights and I get tingles and butterflies all over again! The brain (or at least MY brain) is a funny thing!

What's good news without having somebody to share it with! I'm so glad to have had you here on JWD to run to and be able to do just that! You have seen me through terrible times and happier times and sat here and patiently read my lengthy posts on those things I felt the most passionate about. I was thrilled to be able to post about this huge surprise in my life too!

I sent an email today to my sister (who has also come out of the woodwork by mail on my birthday) and told her of the events. I asked her if my son & family had a dog that might decide to come over tonight---I wanna be ready for anything! (We have two primadonna cats on the premises!) From what I hear, my grandson is very quiet and isn't much for "scenes" that can be avoided, but I figure the headway with 4/5 of the household---ain't bad! Heaven only knows if he'll decided to bite the bullet and stop over here soon!

I'll keep ya up on any new surprises

hugs to all,

Annie

• kls
    kls

Annie , i can't tell you how happy this makes me and thanks for sharing the good news

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Annie,

I can't believe that this big old guy shedding tears of joy and sniffling would make my day, but your story is absolutely beautiful.....and it DID make my day.

WOW..........I'm so happy for you. What a beautiful reward to get after all these years. Guess we were all whacked out as JW's, huh? To think what we did to family because of this man made cult! I'm glad you are out........and glad I am out.

Your story makes me count my blessings that my ordeal is totally over and relationships restored. My heart and feeling go to those who still are putting up with the pain in the aftermath of being JW's.

And you are right!

"let go and let God",

This IS from AA. It meant a lot to me and was one of the many things that helped me see through the facade of JWism when I first went to AA as a JW elder (believe it or not).

Enjoy life and your "new" family.

Lots of love your way,

HappyDad

• hubert
    hubert
    I'll keep ya up on any new surprises

Thanks for sharing your happiness with us, Annie.

This is so wonderful !!!!!! So glad you will be able to enjoy your family again, and with 3 grandchildren, no less. ENJOY !!!!!

Hubert

Keep us posted. We want more updates.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Thanks Happy Dad and Hubert! This is SO exciting and more so because I didn't knock myself out trying to get it to come together! I sure will keep everyone posted if and when anything surprising (or whatever :o) happens.

hugs to all,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit