An End To Shunning

by Sunspot 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Annie

Hang in there, dear friend, and try not to beat yourself up over the mistakes. We have all made them just by BEING JWs at one time.

BIG warm hugs,

Annie

Thank you again ! My sweet (never-been-a-JW) wife is always telling me not to 'beat myself up', too. But, never neing a JW...it is hard sometimes to understand why I need to spend (for now) so much time with XJW's. It IS hard for 'outsiders' to understand the comprehensive scale of damages a cult can do to folks, even if they have escaped.

You are a sweet Mom and I hope your other kids open their eyes and really see you again. I'll bet your oldest sons family will take the lead in helping his siblings understand and forgive you.

One of my daughters had gotten close to me for a while, then ran away scared with the 'apostate' thing. I have more hope now after reading your story...that she will come back, then 'lead' my others here, too.

Get along now...you've got kids & grandkids to chase down.

You're a MOM again ! Hoo-ray for you !

Hug back to you...The Rabbits

• upside/down
    upside/down

Sunspot- sound like you're the "Prodigal Mommy"...

u/d (of the I left my family for 20 years to join a self-righteous cult too class)

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

Wonderful experience! So happy for you. We know how you feel. After writing a lengthy letter to our two "still JW" daughters, we proceeded to "fade" for the last three years. Our daughters didn't shun us, as they had agreed that that wasn't the Christian thing to do, but things weren't the same. We didn't have a lot to talk about. When my husband would "slyly" try to make a point here or there, out oldest daughter finally said, "I know what Dad is trying to do, and we don't appreciate it at all". So from that time on, "mum" was the word. It was so hard, as you know. Early this year, we all went to see the movie, "National Treasure". Everyone enjoyed it, and the "kids" saw it again. Our granddaughter wanted to know about the "eye" on the dollar bill. She, our daughter and son-in-law did some research on the "all-seeing-eye" and the "pyramid", and ended up at a sight for Brother Russell, pyramidology, Free Masons and spiritism, of all things. That started the ball rolling. Our daughter called the next day, and ask a few questions stemming from the original letter we had written them several years ago, about Brother Russell. She started doing her own research, and hasn't stopped since. Our younger daughter is doing the same. It's wonderful to have our girls "back again". They hadn't realized what a wall there had been. They see what a "CULT" the WT really is. When you stand back, apart from the WT it is so obvious. Maybe some of you out there can encourage your loved ones to see the movie and do a little "research" also...who knows where it might lead???

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

Don't know what I've done, but can't get this 2nd, blank post off!!!

• Soledad
    Soledad

Such a wonderful story Sunspot, I too got teary eyed. That is another reason why I am so grateful for this board; we all understand these issues!

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Little Bo Peep,

Welcome and thank you for sharing your story, too. It is encouraging...I'm happy you're getting your family back.

Rabbit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit