An End To Shunning

by Sunspot 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

Wonderful, absolutely wonderful. It is a rare thing when people burst out of the role they have given themselves. In your story I see growth and reconciliation. Your son will take a while, but this week a great weight has been lifted from him. This is more beautiful than watching a star be born.

See Explanation.  Clicking on the picture will download 
 the highest resolution version available.

Wonderful!

• nowisee
    nowisee

well i have just read this whole thread and i will just ditto all the happy comments and sentiments of all the above posters.

this was a real upper!

best wishes, nowisee

• Bryan
    Bryan

Sunspot,

What a wonderful story. To have your family once again. I am so happy for you and your son!

This is so wounderful!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Annie

NOW..........I put all this down so that all of you that are hurting and are doing your best to deal with family shunning------please keep this post in mind. IT CAN HAPPEN! The love of family CAN win out! God hates these horrible divisions and the hatred being caused by the WTS and other cults that DO this kind of thing!

I never thought this day would come.

Wow !
    Annie, your story sure has rivers of tears going. I think for all of us it's a mixed bag...happiness and relief that at least one of us is on the road to healing, not only for the pain we've experienced, but also the pain we've caused.

At the same time, so many of us are still being punished for our association with the WTS to begin with and now that we've left...there is still blood being let. I'm only one of many. I haven't seen one daughter for 3 years...and now 2 other children have used the word 'apostate' speaking of me. The future of my 3 grandkids is unsure now...

But, Annie...thank you SO very much for sharing this happy story with all of us. We NEED this kind of hope...it's SO easy to simply give up, because it hurts less. I have been very down lately, you have personally helped me today by sharing your happy and well-deserved story.

Thank you again, Rabbit

• Robdar
    Robdar

Oh, Annie, I am so very happy for you and your son. Your story gave me tears of joy. I am glad that you have shared it with the members of this forum. It helps bring back the hope that the WTS took away. I wish you and your family well.

Robyn

• minimus
    minimus

That was BEAUTIFUL, Annie!!! What impressed me was that your son NEEDED reassurance to never be abandoned again. Enjoy your family.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Dearest Rabbit,
    I have SO many posters that I want to get back to, but the fact that you've been "down-in-heart" I've made room for commenting on your post before others.

This pain can be overwhelming and excruciating, and nobody BUT another exJW can understand the enormity of what this can produce in our lives. Even at this day and time, I can't see myself as ever completely forgiving myself for true pain I have caused in others that I love. (ESPECIALLY because I loved them!)

My kids (that are speaking to me) have all said that it's okay, they're cool with it now, etc, but deep down, knowing ME as I do, I can't see me ever forgiving myself. It's a part of me that I can't divorce myself from, but I can go on and look forward in a positive way. I don't have a shred of advice to offer to someone experiencing this empty hole, or how to fill it.

"But, Annie...thank you SO very much for sharing this happy story with all of us. We NEED this kind of hope...it's SO easy to simply give up, because it hurts less. I have been very down lately, you have personally helped me today by sharing your happy and well-deserved story."

I'm really tickled that my experience has brought you any possible help that reading it could do for you, and thank you for the very nice reply. It's a two-way street, and makes me feel pretty good to bring others here even a glimmer of hope for their own families.

Hang in there, dear friend, and try not to beat yourself up over the mistakes. We have all made them just by BEING JWs at one time.

BIG warm hugs,
    Annie

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I haven't looked at a horoscope in at least 35 years (another WTS no-no) but I am signed up with Beliefnet (JW DEBATE board----I am "Mature Thinker" over there) and they send me the daily horoscope.

THIS is the first one opened (email--not on their board) although I've been getting these for months

Today's Outlook: Mercury turns retrograde, moving backwards in loud Leo until August 15th. Communication issues are brought to the forefront, especially with Venus' entrance into mercurial Virgo. It's time to review our lists to reevaluate our progress, make necessary changes and move on. With all this focus on analysis, we are somewhat confused as the Moon enters fuzzy Pisces at 8:11 am EDT. A perfect antidote is the Sun's conjunction with stabilizing Saturn, making sure that we cannot avoid the real work ahead.

Whaddya think of THAT, LOL!

Annie

• misguided
    misguided

Sunspot: Thank you for sharing your story. I managed to hold the tears from flowing in your first post, but by the time I read your second, that was it...they were streaming down my face - and still are as I write this.

I'm not boring you with all this!

Absolutely NOT!!

(((((HUGS)))))

Rose

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

As I have said, all of your posts have touched me, just by the fact that you cared enough to comment, meant a lot.

I promise that I will respond to things you have written when I have the time to focus on doing so. I've been busy contacting members of my family who aren't aware of the latest news, and in between posting here, I've been typing my fingers off over on Beliefnet (JW Debate) recently.

Your friendships have been a mainstay in my life the past few years, and I am so fond of so many of you. I can't exactly say when I'll get back to you---but will. There will be many more "occasions and events" I'll be taking part in, with my family (feels funny to say that!) all the usual birthdays, anniversaries, holidays and such. I understand that my son and DIL have big family cookouts, parties etc that aren't even in the book, so to speak.

The rest of the summer looks promising for outdoor activities, and the computer may end up actually being shut down for more than overnight! (Hard to imagine!)

I just wanted to 'splain this to you all.

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit