An End To Shunning

by Sunspot 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nilfun
    nilfun
    the WATCHTOWER does not control this part of the family ANY MORE!!

Great news!

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

So happy for you sunspot, I hope the future you have with your family brings you all the joy it can.

• luna2
    luna2

Awww, Annie, that's just wonderful! Here's hoping that the rest of the kids eventually come around too. I'm so happy for you as well as for your son and his family!

• prophecor
    prophecor

(((((((((((((Annie))))))))))))))))))

That is such a wonderful thing, I've heard of others who've cried here because of reading such stories, and yours is the first one to draw tears from my eyes as I speak. That is just too wonderful for words, being able to reclaim your lifeline back from the prisons of a judgemental, psychologically backwards, outdated religion. I know this presents new challenges in your life, but I think the hardest work has now been done. I know you will get thru the rest of your life with a burden that that will be easier to bear, we who are here, however, will be happy to assist you in carrying your load.

Godbless you, Dear Annie

Affectionately, Arthur

• daystar
    daystar

sunspot

Thank you so very much for this.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Sunspot, that is wonderful, wonderful news. Here's to a brand new start with your family

Damselfly

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Sunspot - thanx for sharing that with us. How wonderful for you to get over that massive wall between the two of you.

I too 'shunned' my daughter for several years after her Df. But we always kept the 'family buisness' clause of the wt open, so it was not as bad as your case. I am on the other end of it now, being shunned by some family that I love dearly.

Time will heal many wounds, glad that you are getting a blessing now.

Jeff

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

I'm so happy for you, Sunspot! That is such a heartwarming story, and I'm glad the Borg didn't win this one. Man, your next holiday is going to be awesome!!!

• Nellie
    Nellie

For years, one of my favorite sayings is "where there's life, there's hope."

Thank God your son found the strength to forgive before it was too late. Thank God you lived long enough to be on the receiving end of his love again!

Enjoy!

• pratt1
    pratt1

I am so happy for you and your family.

Never ever let anything or one come between you guys again.

It just goes to show that you raised a great son, and you are a great Mom.

Enjoy your newly reclaimed relationship. The bumps and all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit