Are You For or Against The Death Penalty?

by minimus 264 Replies latest jw friends

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    In the 21st century anyone who is for the death penalty has been left behind. In fact they have a lot in common with suicide terrorists.

Noooooooooo - suicide? Traditionally only room for ONE neck in the noose.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Minimus:

Democrat? Do you think I'm stupid?

Pretty dumb guess.

(ok. I'm done with the stupid talk.)

• minimus
    minimus

Why should "your" wants be a factor? After all, there are others that do agree in capital punishment. If a killer wants to be executed, I want him to be executed, too.

• minimus
    minimus

Proplog, your comments sound like those of the liberal snob left wing. Sorry, if I got that wrong, bro.

• trevor
    trevor

Every time our countries explode bombs in other countries, for political reasons and kill people, the death penalty is being applied to people who have not been found guilty of any crime except being in the wrong place at the wrong time. When it happens in our own countries we call it terrorism.

If we value life so much that we cannot justify execution, how do we justify the mass murder of people in other countries?

Either we do not as civilized people take life under any circumstance, except as a last resort in self defence, or we kill when it suits us to and say ’so what.’ I don't claim to have the answer but I am troubled by the inconsistency of the whole thing.

• minimus
    minimus

I'd rather NOT have sicko killers threatening me and others when they get out after 25 years on parole only to kill again. Some of these people say they're gonna kill again if they get out. I'd like to see how you opponents would feelif such a one tortured and killed your kid!

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine
    Why should "your" wants be a factor?

Because society has to come to some kind of a consensus on the matter. And, as a member of said society, I'm welcome to my opinion on the subject. That's why.

But, to qoute the great George W, I think that "in complex matters like these, we should err on the side of life"(although he was talking about brain dead Americans, not convicts).

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

nice one trevor

• minimus
    minimus

What are the stats on this issue?/ Do you know??

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine
    If we value life so much that we cannot justify execution, how do we justify the mass murder of people in other countries?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. I think most people who oppose the death penalty would also(in general) have serious problems with the recklessness of the US military. And vice/versa.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit