Are You For or Against The Death Penalty?

by minimus 264 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    the simple fact of the matter is that it does apply, on a human level. george w. bush is responsible for deaths in iraq. why? because like the sociopath that he is, he forced his way into iraq on rhetoric alone (sociopathic) and is now involved in full scale war (murder and terrorism).

I agree, the war is wrong, Bush is wrong...but it doesn't apply on this thread because he hasn't been arrested, indicted or gone to trial for it. We're talking about capital punishment for convicted murderers.

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine
    I see it on TV EVERY time there is an execution....people with bullhorns and signs and candles and vigils...for the poor serial killer....

Well, that's how you interpreted it. I've personally never seen anyone talk about the "poor serial killer child rapists" and his rights.

People that protest executions usually put forth the same arguments as we are seeing on this thread: That the system has many problems and is ethically wrong.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    Well, that's how you interpreted it. I've personally never seen anyone talk about the "poor serial killer child rapists" and his rights.

Open your ears...next time there's an execution. It's unavoidable...no "interpretation" needed...they stated it point blank on their little signs they held up for the camera. Funny...they mostly seemed to be "religious" types... a few clergy even.

I even remember the Dubs I knew debating it openly while out in "service" on several occasions. So don't limit reality by YOUR perception of things either... it implies either I'm an idiot or a liar... when in fact.. I'm just stating my observations...

Back to topic....I'M FOR the Death Penalty.... (even though it's seriously flawed...and I'll probably someday endin up[ gettin fried by it)

u/d (of the evil people should die...class)

p.s.- the problem is everyone defines "evil" differently.

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine
    it implies either I'm an idiot or a liar

Not at all what I was implying. Just that everyone tends to filter things through what they already believe.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    everyone tends to filter things through what they already believe.

Totally true... EVERYONE!

THX!

u/d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit