Are You For or Against The Death Penalty?

by minimus 264 Replies latest jw friends

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

I'm all for it if i dont make it into paradise but what happens if the witnesses are right and the people dead will get resurrected and we die before the end then we'd be stuck with them for another 1k years. it might just be better to cut one of their legs off and poke their eyes out and send them some where else.

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

I'm all for it if i dont make it into paradise but what happens if the witnesses are right and the people dead will get resurrected and we die before the end then we'd be stuck with them for another 1k years. it might just be better to cut one of their legs off and poke their eyes out and send them some where else.

• Ellie
    Ellie

Do you not think it would be better to just change the prison system?

Make it stricter, so that criminals face longer sentences and in harsher conditions.

Get rid of the wings for only peadophiles, rapists and other sex offenders, stick them with the violent offenders.

Dont let all the Young Offenders stay together either in their 'kiddies club', put them with the older blokes who can teach them how to act adult.

Don't let them out their cells all day to wander around, play pool or what not, give them more education, more work.

And then when they do get out keep them on Home Detention Curfews, not for a set amount of time but until their probation officer (who would need to trained again, this time to see that people dont always change) is 100% happy that they will not reoffend.

And if they do reoffend, then they should be kept in isolation for their entire sentence.

I know it would be costly but I bet it would sort the little trouble makers out.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

For. Rape, Murder, treason.

The appeal process is long enough. 99% of those who get "death" deserve it, if not for what they were convicted for, then the stuff they got away with over the years.

A few get wrongly convicted or convicted with thanks to bad lawyering. Again 99% of those few folks probably deserve long terms or capital punishment for stuff they got away with.

~Hill

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

against it.

• minimus
    minimus

I suggest a death penalty that is cost effective and a period of time that doesn't mandate having continous appeals.

• zulukai
    zulukai

Anytime an animal predator of any significant size has wandered into a residential area anywhere I've lived the game department sends out a phalanx of sharpshooters and helicopters and gets rid of the menace to the neighborhood.

In human society we have far more dangerous predators freely wandering our streets hiding in plain sight. I'm for the death penalty if the evidence is irrefutable..ie: "the smoking gun" thing,..... irrefutable evidence beyond a reasonable doubt.

Some time ago I read an interesting article on this subject involving the actor Scott Glenn when he was researching his role for the part he played as an FBI agent in the horrific movie "Silence of the Lambs" Part of his preparation for this role involved several weeks of exposure to what crime fighters have to deal with.

The people at FBI headquarters took him down into their file room and let him listen to the tapes two monsters made of the unspeakable things they did to two teenage girls in the desert somewhere in the Southwest USA. He said before this incident he was very much against the death penalty......he walked out of there with a different opinion.

The public usually never knows the full details of these crimes, by the time the criminal appears in court both he and the story have been sanitized for public consumption. It's a tangled subject, no doubt..one with many unpleasant feelings of revulsion on both sides of the issue.

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine
    I suggest a death penalty that is cost effective and a period of time that doesn't mandate having continous appeals.

Right. Everytime a pro-death penalty person finds out that it's more expensive than life in prison, that's their answer: fewer appeals.

Not my idea of justice.

if not for what they were convicted for, then the stuff they got away with over the years.

Huh?!

A few get wrongly convicted or convicted with thanks to bad lawyering.

Yup, it's all them damn big city lawerin' peoples fault!

• proplog2
    proplog2

Anyone for the Death Penalty is an idiot and should feel very comfortable as a JW.

The Death Penalty is a carry over from stupid religious reasoning. It is the opposite of enlightened thinking.

Paying to keep a killer in jail is a very small price to pay for maintaining your own human dignity.

I have sound reasons for believing this way (scientific mostly) and don't feel it is necessary to give legitimacy to an idea that most of the civilized world have already condemned.

The USA, is in good company -

AFGHANISTAN, ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA, BAHAMAS, BAHRAIN, BANGLADESH, BARBADOS, BELARUS, BELIZE, BOTSWANA, BURUNDI, CAMEROON, CHAD, CHINA, COMOROS, CONGO (Democratic Republic), CUBA, DOMINICA, EGYPT, EQUATORIAL GUINEA, ERITREA, ETHIOPIA, GABON, GHANA, GUATEMALA, GUINEA, GUYANA, INDIA, INDONESIA, IRAN, IRAQ, JAMAICA, JAPAN, JORDAN, KAZAKSTAN, KOREA (North), KOREA (South), KUWAIT, KYRGYZSTAN, LAOS, LEBANON, LESOTHO, LIBERIA, LIBYA, MALAWI, MALAYSIA, MONGOLIA, NIGERIA, OMAN, PAKISTAN, PALESTINIAN AUTHORITY, PHILIPPINES, QATAR, RWANDA, SAINT CHRISTOPHER & NEVIS, SAINT LUCIA, SAINT VINCENT & GRENADINES, SAUDI ARABIA, SIERRA LEONE, SINGAPORE, SOMALIA, SUDAN, SWAZILAND, SYRIA, TAIWAN, TAJIKISTAN, TANZANIA, THAILAND, TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO, UGANDA, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, UZBEKISTAN, VIET NAM, YEMEN, ZAMBIA, ZIMBABWE

• minimus
    minimus

Some admit to their crimes and WANT to die but they still are not allowed. That's just stupid!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit