Are You For or Against The Death Penalty?

by minimus 264 Replies latest jw friends

• amen
    amen

I am against it for one reason because of judicial errors that happens from time to time. In other words innocent people do not deserve to die.

amen

• minimus
    minimus

If there was no question, though, I'm totally for it,.

• minimus
    minimus

Proplog, anyone against the death penalty is an "idiot". Now doesn't THAT sound "idiotic"?

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine
    Some admit to their crimes and WANT to die but they still are not allowed. That's just stupid!

Why is that stupid? Some convicts want a sex-change operation. By your reasoning they should get one?

One case to consider:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/14/opinion/14herbert.html?ex=1278993600&en=724fd4b5c57efc04&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

yeah the eye for eye thing must of been a type o or something

• minimus
    minimus

Six, that comparison is silly.

• proplog2
    proplog2

No Minimus. You are stupid.

I love these kinds of questions because they have been debated to "death".

It also helps me to separate the superficial thinkers from the "real" thinkers. The wise and the stupid.

In the 21st century anyone who is for the death penalty has been left behind. In fact they have a lot in common with suicide terrorists.

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine

No it's not. Why should a convicts "wants" be a factor?

• minimus
    minimus

I bet you're a democrat, too, Prop.

• Dimples
    Dimples

Against...I think they should be able to live with what they have done for the rest of their life on earth. Putting them to death is just an easy way out for them. Just my opinion.

DIMPLES

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit