Are You For or Against The Death Penalty?

by minimus 264 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I think the bullet method is best. Very quick and cheap too!

• upside/down
    upside/down

It cost's about 20 cents to kill someone.... (a bullet).

The reason it costs so much is the bleeding hearts jump in and cause a legal circus... on purpose to tie up the system and hopefully make it so expensive and tedious...that the system will just give in and lock the bastard up (assuming the bastard is truly a bastard) and throw away the key.

Funny thing is all the sympathy and tears for these predators...and yet when I "tried" to cap the bastard that was f*cking my wife and offering free cocaine to my kids and being "innappropriate" with my daughter... I WAS THROWN IN JAIL....and I hadn't done a thing.

Justice my ASS!

where were the bleeding hearts for me?

The system sucks... never forget....American prisons are finer than Iraqi hotels (quote from surrendering Iraqi's- primetime).

The day I do commit a crime...they'll probably change all the liberal rules and make an example out of me and give me THE CHAIR...lol!

u/d (of the it's a LEGAL system, not a justice system class)

• undercover
    undercover
    Gawd damn, what is it with you people and the "free room & board" argument!? You don't mind spending THREE times as much to execute them, just so they dont get a "free ride"?

Yes, currently tons of money is spent on death row inmates and executions. It doesn't have to be but because of the appeal process that's what happens. I suppor the death penalty and I support making it quick, costing less money.

Listen folks, it's called "life in prison WITHOUT PAROLE."

And like I've said before, what's the fucking point? They're gonna live locked up without hope of parole, what possibe benefit can they be to anyone in that state? Remember we're not talking about normal people like you and me, but the dregs of society, killers with no remorse or conscience. It's like keeping a wild animal in a cage. What purpose does it serve? You don't cage a rabid wolf, you put it down.

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine
    Funny thing is all the sympathy and tears for these predators...

Opposing the death penalty does not equal "sympathy & tears" for murderers, get real.

Can you cite one example of this "sympathy" from this entire thread?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Remember we're not talking about normal people like you and me, but the dregs of society, killers with no remorse or conscience. It's like keeping a wild animal in a cage. What purpose does it serve? You don't cage a rabid wolf, you put it down.

- and what yet non-existent system to your propose to make sure that we only genocide the dregs, and not any of the wine that is sitting right close to the dregs, undercover?

• undercover
    undercover
    of course, in a non-perfect world, a lot of people get away with murder, and never have to pay any price. if you want to throw sociopath mass murderers to the leathal injection room, then throw your president, george w. bush, in while your at it.

I'm not a Bush supporter at all, but bringing him up is deflecting the argument. The only time leaders are penalized for "mass murder" during war are the losers. That's a whole 'nuther argument.

cut your losses and get rid of the bad seed.  Do the human gene pool a favor.

Now just hold on one damn second....I never said " " okay....let's get that straight.

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine
    What purpose does it serve?

It proves that we really do find murder unacceptable.

You don't cage a rabid wolf, you put it down.

Nice, you got me there.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

LOL

I'm not a Bush supporter at all, but bringing him up is deflecting the argument.

the simple fact of the matter is that it does apply, on a human level. george w. bush is responsible for deaths in iraq. why? because like the sociopath that he is, he forced his way into iraq on rhetoric alone (sociopathic) and is now involved in full scale war (murder and terrorism).

so, yes, it does apply. he should be tried as a war criminal, and rehabilitated while serving time in jail.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    Can you cite one example of this "sympathy" from this entire thread?

Why does it have to be on this thread....?

I see it on TV EVERY time there is an execution....people with bullhorns and signs and candles and vigils...for the poor serial killer....

This is a problem without a solution...at a governmental level...

Community and individual responsibility used to suffice... but that's "too old fashioned" now.

u/d (of the wishes he could take care of his problem man to man instead of "the State" being involved...class)

• undercover
    undercover
    and what yet non-existent system to your propose to make sure that we only genocide the dregs, and not any of the wine that is sitting right close to the dregs, undercover?

You may not like Bush (I don't either, by the way) but you sure have picked up on one of his habits; repeating your idea over and over even though it has nothing to do with the argument (like 9/11 and Iraq). Genocide and capital punishment are not the same thing. Aarrgghh!

Killing a condemened murderer kills the murderer and no one else. There are no side casualties. I don't have the answers, I've said that. But I'm all for eliminating the bad guys.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit