Are You For or Against The Death Penalty?

by minimus 264 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman
    Obviously, no one innocent should be executed. But when there's no doubt to even pro-lifers that the person did the heinous murder, they should be quickly and efficiently be neutralized

Minimus is obviously happy to ally himself with countries who have little regard for human life and are only interested in vengeance. China, Saudi Arabia..Congo..Iran...there is another major country whose name escapes me...

Englishman.

• minimus
    minimus

You're wrong, EMan. I have high regard for life and unlike you, I don't want to give killers a second chance to kill. Primitive of me, huh?

• Englishman
    Englishman

Shame on you Minimus. Shame on your country for still living in the Dark Ages and practising such a barbaric ritual as the putting to death of it's own citizens. It's disgusting.

Englishman.

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine
    But, you'd have to kill SOMEBODY.

No, I was just kidding.

My point with the questions was: How much is enough to make sure we're only killing guilty people?

Today we have a system that many people are comfortable with. But even a cursory look at all the data, suggest that it has serious problems.

So again, how much is enough to make sure it's fair? How much more is it going to cost?

And, at that point we need to ask ourselves: What are getting from this? Vengeance? Satisfaction that these murderers aren't getting food/clothing/shelter from us? Biblical justice?

• minimus
    minimus

EMan, you can proudly call me Minimus the Barbarian.

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine
    well that's where the gladiator pay per view comes in .

Actually(in lieu of abolishing them), I'm in favor of televising executions. Since they are performed by the state, in the interest of its citizens, they should be made public.

That way, everyone can see what it is they are sanctioning. Executioners should also not be allowed to remain anonymous.

• heathen
    heathen

LMAO --- minimus the barbarian .................... Yah I know europe has a much more civilized way of dealing with it by exporting them to other countries . Thanks alot europe . I think it is sad that innocent people die but this aint a perfect world either . I don't trust the police or the justice system any , I think they are all corrupt (actually I laugh every time they talk about justice ) but I do think these murderers need to be dealt with in harsh terms .

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine
    I don't trust the police or the justice system any , I think they are all corrupt (actually I laugh every time they talk about justice ) but I do think these murderers need to be dealt with in harsh terms .

So the justice system should be fixed first?

If you don't trust the justice system, how can you be sure that the murderers that "need to be delt with in harsh terms" are really murderers?

• minimus
    minimus

I say , "Kill all murderers and those who stick up for them.Yeah. Yeah. Yeah."

• undercover
    undercover
    "Kill all murderers and those who stick up for them.Yeah. Yeah. Yeah."

were those the original words to "I want to hold your hand"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit