The Ten Commandments!

by hibiscusfire 367 Replies latest members adult

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

10. You shall not covet. (be envious, jealous, long for anything that belong to others)

At some point or the other we are all guily of this.

At some point some people go the extra mile as to kill or steal.

You see it's in the carnal mind. When you think of these things it's may be converted into action.

HF

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I agree with Crumpet. I do unto others as I would want to be done to me. And yes, if you a a mean, nasty person karma is a bitch & the universe will not smile on you.

This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes:

"I think my therapist is right... god does hate me." -The Critic

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Damsel....karma is an eastern religious idea...hence banned under the 10 commandments.

Hey Hibiscus....wouldn't the world be better if we all lived our lives under the Tao Te Ching? It much more peaceful than the bible, more accepting, and non judgemental. When's the last time you heard of Buddhists and Taoists going to war?

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Damsel:

It is so easy to take revenge but God said, "Avenge not yourselves because revenge is mine"

A wrong and a wrong cannot make a right.

When you do good to others who do you wrong you will get your reward.

The easiest thing to do is stay away so you wouldn't have to deal with any confrontations....WALK AWAY. Pray for these people even though it is very hard. One day they will pay for their deeds.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I think my therapist is right... god does hate me." -The Critic

Ha! I know that the universe loves me. or at least I think it does

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    One day they will pay for their deeds.

Hey isnt that karma? Or "you reap what you sow"

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

4. You shall not break the Sabbath. (You should keep it holy)

Keeping the Sabbath does not necessarily mean to neglect everything else, or not to do any good deeds.

Jesus over-ruled this when he told the Pharasies if they would leave their donkey in the hole it fell in on that day.

The Lord's Day is considered to be a Sunday. Each day is selfishly ours as we may claim but the Lord deserves praise for making these days for us everyday.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Or how about the Ten Commandments of Solon:

1. Trust good character more than promises.
    2. Do not speak falsely.
    3. Do good things.
    4. Do not be hasty in making friends, but do not abandon them once made.
    5. Learn to obey before you command.
    6. When giving advice, do not recommend what is most pleasing, but what is most useful.
    7. Make reason your supreme commander.
    8. Do not associate with people who do bad things.
    9. Honor the gods.
    10. Have regard for your parents.

See http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/features/2000/carrier2.html for a discussion of the above and a comparison to the inferior commandments of Moses.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    5. You shall not dishonor your parents.

Can you define ''dishonour''? Would shunning them be ''dishonouring'' them? - you see where I'm going on this.....

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Hoooo boy. She's posted the wind up.... now here's the pitch. Blech.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit