The Ten Commandments!

by hibiscusfire 367 Replies latest members adult

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

sphere:

Children as young as kindergarten are being introduced to human sacrific

How is that unusual? I was introduced to human sacrifice before kindergarten.

As a matter of fact, every christian I know is totally into human sacrifice .

Yes true as that may be Harry Potter is carrying it further.

What other human sacrifice are you talking about?

Harry Potter books have taken the world of children's fantasy literature by storm. Over 200 million have been sold in 40 languages. One study shows that over half of the children in the western world have read at least one of the Potter books. Many reported rereading each book several times.

But is it just fantasy literature like Snow White and Cinderella?

Parents are delighted that their children are reading. But they haven't noticed that Harry Potter is able to lie, cheat on homework, use curses for revenge and get away with it.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

thanks hib

just a couple of comments/questions:

1. Moving away from abuse is easier said than done - especially for a child. Also, do you mean that because I still felt compassion for my parents, I'm not actually breaking the 5th commandment?

2.No wonder I couldn't find the passage - it was nowhere near the burning bush! In the Exodus passages you mention, LORD is translated from Yahweh, not Elohim (which could be interpreted 'lord') so this doesn't address my dilemma or the confusion with the NT passages which seem on reading to imply that Jesus and God aren't the same.

emo

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Yes Hib....that Potter boy is a pure Satanist. Why would we want to teach our kids about fantasy and imagination. After all we have the fanciful crap printed in the bible. Or more lies and fantasy like the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus. But let's not forget all the other witches too....Bewitched...Witchy Poo from H.R. Puffenstuff....Super Heros w/ super powers.

I've read all the Potter books (about 400 pages into the newest one) and find them to be harmless and quite fun.

As far as cheating on homework being a bad role model lesson.....hmmm....the bible talks about David and Bathseba, now there's a whimsical little story. NOT! The list of a vengeful, indecisive, inept God could go on for pages and pages....oh wait that's right....you call that the Old Testament.

After all why teach our kids to use their imagination....let's just pound bible lessons into their pea brain so they can get a grip on what "real life" is all about.

How many kids / grandkids do you have Hib?

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

emo:

1. Moving away from abuse is easier said than done - especially for a child. Also, do you mean that because I still felt compassion for my parents, I'm not actually breaking the 5th commandment?

I could imagine how tough that would be especially as the child is innocent and doesn't have anyone to take a stand. I don't see how you were breaking the law. You still care about your parents. It was hard enough as it was to understand what injustice was done in the first place.

2.No wonder I couldn't find the passage - it was nowhere near the burning bush! In the Exodus passages you mention, LORD is translated from Yahweh, not Elohim (which could be interpreted 'lord') so this doesn't address

Actually this is what I meant: this is about the burning bush story

Exodus 3:15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, the LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

....my dilemma or the confusion with the NT passages which seem on reading to imply that Jesus and God aren't the same.

Many people have the wrong idea of who Christ is and why He came to earth. This keeps them from really knowing, not only Jesus Christ, but the Father as well. While He was on earth, Jesus answered some of them:

"Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also" (John 8:19).

The official Jehovah's Witness position is that Jesus Christ is not God. Unfortunately the wording of some passages in the New World Translation has been based on this opinion rather than on the actual words of the original.

Christ is called God in the New Testament!

"But unto the Son he saith, 'Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom" (Heb. 1:8).

HIB

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

EF: After all we have the fanciful crap printed in the bible.

That "fancifal crap" you talk about isn't make believe.

Or more lies and fantasy like the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus.

Believers will celebrate Resurrection Day, knowing the real meaning of this season, but many more will simply be going through the tradition of a religious service. Religion cannot save anyone. Only a personal relationship with Jesus Christ the Son of God can give us life after death. How many people will really stop to think about what His death and resurrection actually mean to mankind?

The Easter Bunny has nothing to do with Easter. Santa Claus is make believe too. Christmas is not about Santa. Jesus wasn't even born on Christmas Day it's just celebrated. But the real birth was that of the Sun god baal .

How many kids / grandkids do you have Hib?
    None yet. But I have children around me often enough.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hib

Exodus 3:15 - again the Hebrew used is Yahweh, not elohim.

John 8:19 - I would interpret this as Jesus saying that he mirrored his Father in behaviour, teaching and things like that.

Hebrews 1:8 - Its still possible that this has been mistranslated to suit the Trinitarian teaching. If it is correct however, it still seems to contradict my previous examples where God and Jesus appear to be two seperate entities.

We could go on forever about it but I feel its off topic so we can agree to disagree for now! (pm me if you like)

Thanks for helping me out on the 5th commandment - seems a bit clearer now.

Santa Claus is make believe too.

wha... no santa?.... no one told me that!!!!!......WAAAAHAAAAAh!!!!!!

(only joking!)

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Sad Emo:

John 8:19 - I would interpret this as Jesus saying that he mirrored his Father in behaviour, teaching and things like that.

Hebrews 1:8 - Its still possible that this has been mistranslated to suit the Trinitarian teaching. If it is correct however, it still seems to contradict my previous examples where God and Jesus appear to be two seperate entities.

We could go on forever about it but I feel its off topic so we can agree to disagree for now! (pm me if you like)

(only joking!)

Hello emo. By the way …where have you been lately?

1. The bible shows that Jesus is Jehovah. John 1:1 proves this because there is only one God.

2. I’m glad that I could help concerning commandment 5.

3. And w.r.t. Santa Claus – well ofcourse he’s not really living in the North Pole but there was a guy Nicolas who used to give out gifts and so forth at Christmas Time. It’s like when the wise men carried gifts for Jesus when he was born….so we exchange gifts or give or receive gifts at Christmas time….and I really like this. It brings people together or at least show them you really do care.

Hibiscusfire

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Sad Emo:

(only joking!)

Hello emo. By the way …where have you been lately?

1. The bible shows that Jesus is Jehovah. John 1:1 proves this because there is only one God.

2. I’m glad that I could help concerning commandment 5.

3. And w.r.t. Santa Claus – well ofcourse he’s not really living in the North Pole but there was a guy Nicolas who used to give out gifts and so forth at Christmas Time. It’s like when the wise men carried gifts for Jesus when he was born….so we exchange gifts or give or receive gifts at Christmas time….and I really like this. It brings people together or at least show them you really do care.

Hibiscusfire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit