The first time I've been "down" b/c of JWD...

by upside/down 75 Replies latest jw friends

• upside/down
    upside/down

I've had good and bad days since stumbing onto JWD... and I've learned more in my short time here than in the last 20 years as an "active" and true to the bone...Dub...

But today (tonight) I'm really sad... the tone of almost every thread I read has gotten "ugly"...

I love "spirited" discussion, but this is different. It feels like forum anarchy.

Is there no yielding anymore...?

Maybe it was just TOO MUCH happened today... or solar flares or something... I don't know...don't care...

Maybe my new found "love" for my country (not the blind patriotic crap) and life coupled with the obvious animosity toward this love by some...well just bums me out. I don't like to rain on others parades...so why rain on mine?

I'm sure I'll get over it... it's not a big deal... but it is the FIRST time I've ever gone to bed feeling this bad...not by what's going on in the world...but what's going on in my JWD "world".

Ni...Nite.

u/d (of the would like to buy the world a Coke class)

p.s.- On this thread...if you can't say something nice...well you know...

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

(((((u/d)))))

~Merry

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

What thread has gotton nasty?

I think its obvious that no 2 people on here believe exactly the same thing. The things that puts us together is where we have come from, not where we are now.

I think it should be fine to have a rant, but there has to be a cut off point that determines that 'we can agree to disagree'. Otherwise we would be ramming our belief down someone elses throat..... which sounds to me like a WTBTS trait.

Chill people.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Well if I have been the cause of this I am truly and deeply sorry. Sleep well. I hope tomorrow is a brighter day.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I think you were misunderstood u/d. Its easy to be with that subject matter.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Dear u/d

My last post was to tsu. on SEX. I was just kidding the kid. I didn't mean to get ugly. I just believe in condoms! I'm new. I'm sorry. I'm

ashamed of myself.

To the real point: Since I am new, I too am learning alot. I feel like you all are friends, although you all don't know I exist yet. I have dipped my toes into the deep subjects, on this forum. But when it comes to the big subjects, long and complicated, I have skipped them for now. Have the Crisis book on order. For now, I have enjoyed just looking around. You are one I look up to. Don't go to bed upset. HL

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

some days are just like that

some days it just takes weeks

to get over something someone said

when you were feeling bleak

been there buddie...dont know what you are specifically refering to as im just up...but i know that the paranioa and the feelings of rejection just keep reoccurring and there is usually no warning..

but this too will pass

• upside/down
    upside/down

The terrorist's weapon is fear...

Fear must be given or allowed....

Give them NOTHING! Allow them NOTHING!

Carry on...as best we can and remove their "weapon".

u/d

"Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate!"

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

U/D,

Easy does it U/D! No one dislikes you personally, how can they, they do not even know you. It is the things that you write in your posts that are attracting hostility.

I love "spirited" discussion, but this is different. It feels like forum anarchy.
    Maybe my new found "love" for my country (not the blind patriotic crap) and life coupled with the obvious animosity toward this love by some...well just bums me out. I don't like to rain on others parades...so why rain on mine.

If you want a quiet life, the thing to do is stay away from political threads or other areas in which people become emotionally invested. The reality is that if you stray onto those threads and make statements that have not benefited from research and are not based on fact your posts will draw attention. You must admit U/D that many of your statements are politically naieve, and when people focus on them you respond not with fact but with an. 'I can say what I like - I am not in the WTS any more - so stuff you!', attitude. In the real world, yes, you can say what you like, but it will be open you to the attentions of other people and you must be prepared for that.

The post JW world, and you have made it clear that you are newly exited, is not like a Kingdom Hall when any statement that is said with conviction, Bible in hand is believed. That is why the vigorous challenges in these sorts of threads are often very uncomfortable, but also part of our learning curve as we try to find out who we are and what we really believe. Until we exit the WTS we are people with half a mind, we must discover the other half. Often sitting back and learning is the best option for a while.

You may chose to accept or discard what I have written, that is your perogative. Please be aware that no one is 'out to get you'. Present information with evidence and reason and posters are much less likely to shred what you have to say. You are judged here by the contents of your posts and the political threads are a war zone in themselves. I have by and large kept out of them myself until the past couple of weeks as the fancy has taken me. But I do read them.

For example, you believe that the Bush Administration has done the correct thing in invading Iraq, but apart from the 'go kill those bastards' type of comment, you have never given us a reasoned post as to why you think they are right. That is what is expected in such threads. Sith in recent days, has been presenting his ideas with research attached and this has made them much more valuable than merely his opinion. So, he cuts and runs when cornered, but we can forgive him that.

So take it easy, breathe deeply and take a step back and look at all this in perspective. Who are we? A group of people finding our previously silenced social and political voice, stumbling into walls as we learn to walk, but growing stronger as we do. Of course, what we say will not make a blind bit of difference to anything out there, but it will make a difference to our own character.

So I am not going to apologize for upsetting you U/D, imho that would not be respectful to you. You have a right to your opinions, you have a right to express them, but be prepared to be challenged.

Best regards - HS

• bem
    bem

(((Horrible Life))) I'm noticing you. Welcome to the forum.

U/D hope your feeling better soon, I have gone through times of pain from the forum, I am here today checking on loved ones in the U.K. that I haven't been able to talk to. But I take lots of "mental health breaks" from the forum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit