The first time I've been "down" b/c of JWD...

by upside/down 75 Replies latest jw friends

• rocketman
    rocketman
    I'm sure I'll get over it... it's not a big deal... but it is the FIRST time I've ever gone to bed feeling this bad...not ;by what's going on in the world...but what's going on in my JWD "world".

If what is written here ever begins to make a person actually feel hurt or bad emotionally, then, in my opinion, it's time for that person to re-evaluate the place that a discussion board actually has in their personal life.

While this board can be important, is participating in emotionally-charged discussions so important that in the end, you actually have negative emotions, with all the negatives that such stress can bring? I'm sure many folks feel differently, but to me, if a person actually goes to bed feeling bad, these discussions have gone beyond their proper place or perspective.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

(((((((((((U/D)))))))))))))))

I know what you mean. People do not think before they speak(yes I am talking about myself sometimes).

I don't know what it is. However, it's there and we all see it.

Love Brooke

LOL....Oh I was so counseled for that one. Feel like I am back in the kingdom hall with the Elder's!

• jula71
    jula71

Brooke....why are you beating around the bush!! Tell us how you really feel!!!

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Brooke, Word!

• Carol
    Carol

((((((((((((u/d))))))))))))

I'm so sorry we've put you in this mood.....but I wonder is it the discussions (yes some have been a little heated, but isn't it nice we can at last discuss our view without censorship!) or is it the fact that in 4 more days you hit a milestone in your life and you feel you've been cheated spending so much time in a cult? DON'T feel cheated.....if nothing else you can spend the next 40 years being the kind of person YOU want to be. There is a lot of good that can come from having been a JW....you'll find you are more empathetic, kinder and tolerant.

Think positive, look on each day as a new learning experience, become the you that you want to be.......use JWD as a sounding board yes, exchange ideas, stories and questions, but don't become so dependant on it that it has so much of an afffect on you life that it depresses you or keeps you from sleeping.

My Dad died 6/01, terrorists hit the US in 9/01 three days after my 50th Birthday...........You've left something you've spend a long time in, terrorist have raised their ugly heads again and hit London......in four days you hit 40...it's traumatic...!

We love you, feel your pain and apologize if we have in anyway added to it.

• Netty
    Netty

(((U/D))) Hey, its ok, things will be ok. You're allright, you make some great contributions to the board. Perhaps like others said, take a little break, but make sure you come back, please. I have noticed the tone you are referring to, and have bitten my tongue around here the past few days myself, just to not get myself in any trouble. It makes me feel bad also, thats why I actually did speak up about something here last night. (It was a first me).

Maybe my new found "love" for my country

I might be a at this point a little too. Not as newly exited as you, but just at a point where I can freely enjoy love of country. I have to realize not everybody does though.

Chin up U/D, were all counting on you for some more fun and sarcasm around here, ok? Keep it coming?

Like they say "The sun will come out tomorrow"

• Netty
    Netty

And hey, I just made my 1000th post, above, on your thread. so that should REALLY make you feel better!!

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

It definately comes in waves, I asked this question some time ago, after I had been here about 2-3 months. Not sure why, but there are a lot of trends that come like that. People come and go in droves...maybe in herds is the word, because it seems like the same groups come through together.

Then for some reason you get the same surges of arguments, trolls, etc.

Every 'ting will be 'aight...

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy
    And hey, I just made my 1000th post, above, on your thread. so that should REALLY make you feel better!!

This makes a good point as well, notice how long it took to get to 1000 posts? Because some people post only when they really have something to say, which is one of the things I look at when read where someone is showing their arse...been here a couple of months and have 1000 posts? I probably don't put a lot of stock in anything you say...

Of course there are exceptions...like RR...even if only because he's a big ole boy and live around the corner from me...

• shera
    shera

Don't even read the post,I can't be bothered....well...there has been the odd time I have,but I enore most of the crap most of the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit