The first time I've been "down" b/c of JWD...

by upside/down 75 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

U/D hope you are feeling better soon mate...

• upside/down
    upside/down
    you believe that the Bush Administration has done the correct thing in invading Iraq,

I never said that...

Just because I don't rabidly condemn an action by a world leader... I really have mixed feelings... it's not so simple as I support or I don't support a given "issue"...

These subjects are FAR too complex to do justice to in a few short sentences...and I'm a "wordy" person.

I truly feel VERY detached from what the "governments" of the world do...

I now focus on the fact that people tend to get all heated about politics while neglecting their own miserable little lives. Most people in my neck of the woods are 30 days from poverty...literally. They are all on treadmills going so fast that they will get hurt if they even try to jump off... instead of getting involved at the local level...most peoples seem to be content watching CNN or BBC and being spoonfed an abysmal diet of propaganda which they use as a crutch to focus on instead of their own immediate miserable plight.

I'm done watching the billioniaires and millionaires of the planet manipulate the masses into a collective stupor with misinformation about almost EVERYTTHING... so I will now focus on my life and my families and friends...

I wasted 40 years of my life in a cult...as a true believer... July 12th I turn 40.... I will not waste the next 40.

I will enjoy what I have left...it's the only legacy worth leaving... and my kids will hopefully learn from my mistakes...

I've always hated politics...just like religion...and this is why...

I'll choose my battles more carefully in this forum...no doubt... but I'm not as half-brained as you mentioned... and I was NOT raised a Dub... and none of my family are Dubs...and they are very old and wise in this "system" and don't make the claims of knowing as much as you imply you do... they are truly wise and humble people...too bad a cult lead me to believer otherwise..

Enough bitchin and moanin... on to more productive discussions.

u/d (of the 40 and starting over class)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    But today (tonight) I'm really sad... the tone of almost every thread I read has gotten "ugly"...

Maybe you should be more selective as to what threads you click on, upside/down.

I haven't had much time to spend here lately, so I am not sure what you you are referring to, but we are all different and sometimes we just have to agree to disagree and move on.

In my experience, all forums are verging on anarchy and that is what I like about them.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it think.

Cheers

Chris

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

(((((U/D)))))))

I know exactly how you feel. I stumbled on a couple of political threads a while back... and it literally ruined the day for me.... I stay away from those threads now. I even avoid reading the postings of some members because they sound completely irrational to me. I enjoy debate, but that's not debate...and not worth the effort to respond. I think some find politics to be a substitute for the the energy they put into the organization...and you can see the same behavior that dubs display when defending the borg. It is scary... but fortunately there are lots of threads that don't involve the same hatred that political threads seem to evoke....

Coffee

• gumby
    gumby

U/D.....if you wanna really be just like me like you told me you did......then don't go to political threads cuz Satan lives there. He WANTS you to go there though so's he can cause divisions between us brothers and sisters. Be like me and just be a smartass with regards to bible stuff and you'll go to bed with heartburn instead of a bleeding ulcer.

Gumby

• jula71
    jula71

I'm with U/D.....yesterday was a bad day all around. This board has rules:

1. Insulting, threatening or provoking language
    2. Inciting hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic.
    3. Swearing, using hate-speech or making obscene or vulgar comments.
    This was all over the place. I hope today is a better day.
  • Big Dog
    Big Dog

U/D, I hear you. I have been trying to make that point the last couple of days myself, even before the London bombings that it seemed to me that people on the forum had been getting nasty, arrogant, condenscending, etc. towards one another and it was bugging me. Enough that I have seriously considered no longer visiting. It doesn't have to be hearts and flowers all the time here but the overall tone, at least my perception of it has just not been very pleasant. Dragonlady started a thread a week or so ago asking about rudeness, people are noticing.

Debate all you want, but your views don't have to be presented in a way that implies the other person is a raving imbicile. Anyway, that's my two cents, U/D I hope you feel better man, you are one of my favorite people here.

• shera
    shera

Like always,there is going to be nasty people here that want to aruge.Going to happen on any board you join.

Just enore em.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

((u/d)) Take a break bro. Biking, hiking, camping, anything. DB's can be unhealthy if you put too much time and effort into them.

Regards, David

• greendawn
    greendawn

No need to take it so badly I am sure you will get over it soon, at times things go beyond the animated discussion or heated (but civilised) debate that people love so much because it stirs stagnant waters but the mood soon returns to within limits.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit