Wife's weight problem

by dangel 199 Replies latest social relationships

• Mecurious?
  • Netty
    Netty

Ironic, how the guy who lit the match, ran for cover when the fire started. hmmm... Where is Dangel?

• JH
    JH

Well, if you love your wife, her problems are your problems....Help her out someway.

• trevor
    trevor
    The types of people that feel such a strong hatred for fat people are basically hateful people looking for some reason to hate people anyway…………………Usually with these types, they can look the other way about drunk driving and other things people to themselves that actually do hurt other people.

Bunch of bored people trying to see if they can push a few buttons.

Who's pushing buttons? Going for a shower!

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Weak. Really really weak. Have a great shower. Jerk off while you are in there, you'll feel better afterwards.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Rightly or wrongly we know that in the western world fat women are not desirable for dating in the first place, they are way down on the desirability scale.

So if a man dates a slim girl marries her and then she gets really fat he feels cheated deprived of the pleasure of seeing every day an aesthetically appealing body. I would be gutted if that happened to me.

Men marry women to a great extend for their physical beauty just as women marry them for their personality, intelligence, and social/economic status.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Hey! I made my #800 post telling somebody to go jerk off. I'm getting less and less respectable by the minute!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'm kinda bemused by this whole thread.

My wife's weight gradually yoyo'd and it used to bother her, but it honestly never gave me a moments concern. Do you see the person or the body shape? I'm not being PC about it, this is my genuine opinion. Clinical obesity is a health risk, but I don't think we're really going there, are we?

I know it's a shallow world, and all that, but, well... I guess words fail me...

• ballistic
    ballistic

Well, having recently lost 5 stones myself (between a quarter and a third of my body weight), I do sometimes feel I have a license to tell people they are lardy, but I don't.

My thoughts are it is all about motive. Would you start telling you're partner "you're getting too old", "you're going bald, you should get hair implants", (or penis extension or boob job).

I get very philosophical about it now older (even though I didn't handle this exact same situation well when I was married years ago, and much younger).

• talesin
    talesin

Wow, what a disgusting display on this thread. I am with you, LT ...

Anyway, back to the topic.

Merc, you raised a very good point in your first comment, and I would like to elaborate a bit.

Many women have eating problems because of sexual abuse. I decided not to bring it up, but now that it has been raised, it is something to consider.

It was my reason for being anorexic as a teen and in my early 20s. After I got divorced, I remained 'heavy' (which was a bit too much for my health, I see nothing wrong in being curvy and well-padded) for a few years, until the nightmares about my abuse finally emerged. Once I entered recovery, and dealt with it (took a few years), the weight started to drop off, and now I am extremely happy with my size.

This could be directly related to your wife's weight gain, and she may not even know it. It's another thing to consider. Beauty truly can be a curse if you were sexually abused as a child. The constant attention, looks and comments from men is frightening, and sets off triggers. So you gain 40 or 50 pounds, and the guys stop looking, commenting.... you feel invisible, and therefore 'safer'...

This is one of the reasons why I say 'tread carefully'.... good luck, friend!

xo

tal

ps., and off-topic, but I'm going to address this, because I am SICK TO DEATH of reading it on this forum.

Another curse of beauty is having people think that you are looking for money ... I broke up with two guys in the past two years because they had these concerns, and have decided NOT to date till I get my health back in fighting form and am back to my previous level of affluence ... why? because i am sick of being considered some kind of whore just because I am poor at the moment...

When I started dating my ex, he rode a bicycle, and didn't even have his license.... he had no job ... over the next 2 years, I helped him get a decent job, taught him how to drive ... he bought a muscle car ... then I had folks accuse me of going out with him because of his car .... hahahaha,,, I was making twice the money he was, and had my own nice car, but because I was good-looking, people ASS-U-MEd I was out for his money ... that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard, and have battled the myth all my life!!!

I've had rich men offer to buy me apartments, bring me to NYC and set me up, as well as Rio when I was in my early 30's, and have never taken any of them up on their offers ... now that I am thin again, the offers have started to roll once more from the whoremasters, and I reject them all! ...... bull$h*t. If you find that the women you are with tend to be gold-diggers, then you are probably looking for a trophy wife and attracting whores, and that's the truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit