Wife's weight problem

by dangel 199 Replies latest social relationships

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I am sorry I have to say this.........

If you think she is Fat then tell her...I just hope she hits you as hard as she can right between the cookies as I would to my husband!

Brooke

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Tell it like it should be Brooke! You go girl!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    I amlooking for advice. Before getting married, my wife was slim and took care of herself. After the wedding however, she started to eat much more and not exercise. Of course she has gained a lot of weight.I have never made an issue of it but wonder if I should have earlier on. I am not as attracted to her physically. Has anyone else been in this situation? What advice can you give me? Thanks.

uh how long have you been married? has your wife had any kids? how many? have you gained any weight? just how much weight has your wife gained? do you work out? does your wife workout? do you make dinner or does your wife? do you do the shopping for food or does your wife? who takes care of the kids? do you and your wife go out on dates? do you tell your wife you love and appreciate her? do you take out the trash? do you do housework?

are you just a complainer?

Josie

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Mrs Right only has to gain ten pounds a year for ten years and you have twice the woman you married!

Are you sure she really likes you? Does she like herself. I travel a lot and America and Australia have some magor big woman. Some ladies, once they get married and have a couple of kids, don't really care about the loser, sperm donor and meal ticket they married.

You see them at the market, Frier Tuck, with her hair all chopped off with her two kiddies and Mr Wimp walking two steps behind with the whipped dog look on his face! You know he gets laid twice a year if he is real good to his "mommy"!

Sure there are a lot of men who go to hell, and a few women who help them get there. That way he won't stray. Women will give you the polically correct answers and that's fine. But watch what they do, not what they say. Their feet don't lie and if they are running to the frige instead of into your arms...well... I'm cool with big girls, I'm not cool with fat slobs. It's is not hard to tell the difference. Life leaves clues!

Wow, change the gender and you could be talking about my ex husband who gained 120 pounds during the 14 years we were together. Granted, he had an eating problem when he was young and had his stomach stapled when he was 24, so I knew that there might be some weight gain. I never expected 120 pounds though. I blame his binge snacking for the weight gain. There were candy bars stashed all over the house and in the car. BTW, I ran into him at the Petco the other day. He is very thin but he looks awful. All that loose flesh hanging off his face.......

• Odrade
    Odrade

LT is a flatterer! hehe. That's very sweet. HEY! Great news! You're a flying Dutchman!

• Maverick
    Maverick

Some of the female responses are prime examples of; when she sets you straight about the things she doesn't like it's called communication, but when you tell her the things you don't like about her...your being a complainer or picking a fight!

Look, buy her a gorgeous, very expensive dress a couple of sizes too small and don't tell her where you got it.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Some of the female responses are prime examples of; when she sets you straight about the things she doesn't like it's called communication, but when you tell her the things you don't like about her...your being a complainer or picking a fight!

Look, buy her a gorgeous, very expensive dress a couple of sizes too small and don't tell her where you got it.

C'mon, Maverick. Nobody likes being told that they are unattractive. No matter who is doing the "straight" communication, the other party will perceive it to be complaining, nagging or picking a fight.....That goes for the men too. Are you telling me that maybe, when dealing with my ex's weight gain, I should have bought an expensive dress (or maybe some sexy panties) and not told him where I got it? Do you really think that that would have improved communication? That sort of game would have probably gotten me an emergency visit to the dentist.....

• Netty
    Netty

Well, where'd you go Rangel?

To tell her you're not as attracted to her, nope the greatest idea. You really think she doesn't know? If its that bad, not only does she know, but shes probably in a lot of turmoil over it. We cant assume that just because a person put some weight on, that they just sit around eating cheeseburgers 24/7. There are lots of reasons it can happen. And some can even be beyond a persons control. Like I said earlier, lots of health problems can cause weight gain. And of course, having children changes a womens body. How old is she? When you're older than 30, the metabolism changes.

Work with her on this, without hurting her feelings. Hurting her is not going to help your relationship at all.

Funny, my hubby at one point in our marriage put some weight on, and I could have cared less. I loved him, and wanted him just the same. Sad what society can do to a person.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Well that's a GUY statement..it will not work! Plus ignorant and sly!

I am not going to give you a Pissed off Feminist answer....I will tell you this though!

Take a good long look at yourself....... I am sure you are not perfect! My husband happened to gain some weight after we married as I did too. I never ever went to someone and said..."Oh my husband used to look good and now after we married he isn't what he used to be"...that's Bull Sh*t!

I never once said a thing about him. I started talking about my self and how I wanted to lose weight and get back to the way I was. He then said the same thing....OPENED THE DOORS!

Help her! Don't sit here and piss and moan! Good God!

Brooke

p.s. Remember the words you said on your Wedding day ..... If you needed to put in the vows "In slimness and not in Fat" you should have said that to her!

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

It's all about trophies for guys. They care more about what other guys think of their women than anything. If they can't walk in the door with a hot little thing, they aren't too happy about going out. Beauty is one thing, most guys don't have the $$ to have a truly beautiful girlfriend. So, having a skinny girlfriend is what they are shooting for. If there's anything I get a laugh out of it's seeing a guy out with a beautiful thin girl, but being miserable because she's obviously a real bitch. Why do they do this to themselves? The payoff must be there somewhere. It's when they can make the other guys think they are the shit for having a skinny girlfriend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit