Wife's weight problem

by dangel 199 Replies latest social relationships

• Buster
    Buster
    Wow, what a disgusting display on this thread.

Agreed.

Itsallgoodnow, don't you think you owe an apology?

• greendawn
    greendawn

Talesin perhaps not all men's interest for you hides ulterior motives, and I think you shouldn't take too much at heart this silly idea some other people have that you are after men for their money. There are malicious people out there in society accusing all people of all things, can't take them seriously just ignore them.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Oh, that's funny. Ok, I will apologize for the jerk off comment to Trevor, but you need to apologize for being a jerk in general.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

LOL... Hey, I thought you were in the shower! hahahaha

(please pass the soap)

J

• talesin
    talesin

Thank you, greendawn. I really appreciate you saying that, and you are quite right. It just sickened me of the whole dating thing. Unfortunately, it is true that when one is poor, most folks don't see you in quite the same light, so I am a bit over-sensitive about it, tis true! It's been a rough go for the past few years, and I tire of having little social life because of it. There are too few free events to attend in a small city.

Funny thing, one of the guys took me out to dinner twice over the course of 4 months. I reciprocated by cooking him dinner at home (all I could afford!), and giving him a few quarts of blueberries that I had picked. Never asked him for a sou, and he was a really nice guy. I was so angry with him when he suggested I was after his 'money' .... LOL ... he is just a working Joe with a steady job, to me MONEY means RICH ... as if! A few months after I blasted him, I looked him up to apologize for being so mean when I broke up with him, and we are now friendly (we live in the same area and bump into each other quite a bit) ... but my hurt feelings will take a while to recover, and I am definitely no longer interested in him romantically ...

*sigh* .... hopefully, this chip that I find on my shoulder will soon be gone.

t

• Odrade
    Odrade

Tal, I don't have a chip on my shoulder, but if I were you, I'd still be kicking that guy in the shins when I saw him. Give yourself a little credit!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I wish Avishai would drop by this thread. His views on the way women should look are very refreshing.

but on the other hand because of the current trends on feminine beauty I can't accept a fat woman as a wife or girlfriend.

Yeah, I'm sure you'd rather have a trophy wife instead. The ironic thing is, you just might someday fall in love with a "fat" woman. You just never know.

Threads like this are good in one sense, they allow us to see who the superficial are. I feel most comfortable around real people who are down to earth and tolerant. I enjoy the company of people who are intelligent enough to see beauty in the flawed, rather than trying to force everything into some impossible, perfect mold or ideal.

Believe me, you are doing real women a tremendous favor when you are extremely superficial, narrow and picky in your views of what people should look like, to be acceptable to you. You have cut out 90 percent of your prospects, or more and hopefully the other 10 percent are smart enough not to get mixed up with someone petty. Let's see a picture of you by the way. I suppose that you fancy yourself God's gift to women.

• shera
    shera

LOL..some of the comments here are so shallow..all I can do is laugh!! WOW!! One of these days all these shallow people are going to be outta shape and have guts and their skin is gonna be wrinkly and no young gal/guy is going to give them a time of day.

What happens if your loved one gets ill? They get too skinny or put weight on,your not going to love them any more because they are not the person you married? LOL I know for a fact no person who first married their spouse looks like they did when they first met.They grow together and respect one another and help one another.

My man has a belly and im not going to tell him I'm leaving you because ur fat. SAD..truly sad.

I 100 % believe you dont want your loved one getting unhealthy,so they may die prematurely because of over weight issues.

If you nag someone because of what they look like,IT WON'T HELP! Best thing for them to do is leave the shallow mate and loose weight for themselves and be happy!

• talesin
    talesin

Thanks, O!

Well, he is a very naive 40-something country boy, who has been milked by his greedy ex-wife (their child just reached the age of majority and he is now free from her monetary demands) and let her walk on him for almost 20 years. I wanted to show him that a womyn can really be his friend, and hope he will learn from that ... he seems to really appreciate my friendship; if I can help him heal, it's all good.

OTOH, the other guy was a real jerk, and I don't give him the time of day. One day, he saw me walking down the street, and tried to get my attention, yelling my name and beeping ,,, he even stopped his car, and got out. I walked right by ... LMAO!

tal

*can't be bought* class

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Saw this and thought it was funny. Not sure on the legals of posting cartoons. If not ok, please someone let me know...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit