Wife's weight problem

by dangel 199 Replies latest social relationships

• Buster
    Buster

I simply cannot put gaining weight in the category of letting yourself go

Vivian,

I'll assume you saw those pictures. Looks to me like the poster child for 'letting go.' Can you imagine expecting your husband to tolerate looking at that every day?

Is she now down to a acceptable weight or do you still need to keep reminding her?

I never had to bring it up again. But let me tell you this, she is not skinny. I'm not looking for skinny.

Some of the comments you made were pretty insensitive. Over weight people tend to be very good at beating themselves up
    Agreed. And if that initial post had been from a fat woman asking weight loss advice or somesuch, I probably would have avoided it. But the post was from a beseiged husband asking advice. I fully intended to put balance to the 'make her problems your problems' advice.

• Buster
    Buster
    if your wife was smart, she would have broken things off when you told her you'd leave her if she gained weight. You don't love her. You love her appearance. You'll probably trade her in for a younger model when she starts to show her age.

FHN,

Lets see, my wife is smart, and we have a relationship whereby we let each other know our expectations of each other. That is quite a case of black-and-white vision you got there to infer that I don't love her. Getting older is not the same as 'letting go.' Everyone gets older, not everyone takes care of themselves.

• G Money
    G Money

My condolences mate, if you were here, I'd hug you. You did drive home a very good point that I think we all can relate to.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

If anyone wants me to weigh in on this issue, just feed me a question. I have a voracious appetite for bloviating, and a smorgasborg of opinions to go along with it.

• sf
    sf
    If anyone wants me to weigh in on this issue, just feed me a question. I have a voracious appetite for bloviating, and a smorgasborg of opinions to go along with it.

{ Looks around...swears she is hearing Bill O' Reilly yet cannot see him} sKally

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

FHN in your post 4153 you say

"Let's see a picture of you by the way. I suppose that you fancy yourself God's gift to women".

OK, what email address do I send it too?
    I didn't realize I was addressing that to you, Mec. I thought I was talking to someone else. I'll PM you though.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

You weren't, but I thought it was a good excuse to send you a picture!

M'

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    You weren't, but I thought it was a good excuse to send you a picture!

M'

You're so cute. Personalitywise. I haven't seen your picture yet, just Monster Girl's.

• Buster
    Buster

Comments like this;
    “Can you imagine expecting your husband to tolerate looking at that every day?”

isn’t helping anyone, it’s just plain mean. I’m asking for a little compassion and tact.

Vivian,

I fully expect that I am helping Dangel, whether he realizes it or not. He needs to not feel guilty about his disatisfaction. He also needs to understand that it may need to take actions himself - for himself. Just like you expect women to do. And to be honest, I kinda suck at the 'tact' thing.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    My wife was a plump homemaker, a wonderful lover, a loving mother, and good to everyone. Did her weight gain bother me? ...We would watch Hulk Hogan on wrestling along with all the other muscle guys and she would go "uuuuuuhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm"........when they came out. She liked to look! And I would make my own comments when the gorgeous women came out. She would say to me......"Honey, you have everything those guys have, it's just distributed differently on you." We would both laugh at this!

We were very faithful to each other with our less than perfect body's. We still had fun behind closed doors.

My bottom line for this post is............I had to watch that once plump body waste away to nothing because of cancer and then see her take her final breath.

HappyDad, thank you for adding such a loving and respectful tribute to your beloved, late wife. I hope that none of the men who responded harshly to this thread, will have to lose their wives to cancer to find that: "you don't know what you have until it's gone."

Being fat does not equal ugly. Dangel's wife has more than inner beauty. Even if she never loses the weight, she sounds like a happy, fun and very loving lady. I bet she dresses up very nicely.

We've all been trained to think thin is the only type of beauty. It's a learned concept. It's similar to being raised seeing only hetero sexual couples, parents and romances portrayed in the media. So then gay couples, parents and romance seem foreign and odd, maybe even repulsive to us. But when we realize we've been negatively influenced, we can undo that brainwashing, then gayness doesn't seem so odd or weird afterall.

I used to see only slim people as being attractive. As I matured and my peers and I all developed into mature looking adults, I began to see that beauty was boundless and abundant all around me.I feel very fortunate to have made this discovery. Enjoy life and its plentitude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit