Exposing one's identity. When?

by kairos 100 Replies latest jw friends

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

If your present situation and circumstances mean that you will not be affected in the slightest if Witnesses find out about your "apostate" status - then go and enjoy life, and don't give them a second thought!

Why bother wasting any more time thinking about the Magnificent 7 & Co.?

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Kairos, I've had similar thoughts for a time, but stopped myself because of craAzy people / friends on facecrack.

Some people here and on FB know my first name ( or a version of it.) There is something unnerving about being bullied/ harassed by FB friends and frenemies who think they have the right to your info. Be careful. 

• kairos
    kairos

I deleted all JW FB friends quite some time ago and do not use FB as a platform for anything JW related.

I really do want to make some JWFacts.com banners to strategically place around town, however.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

stan livedeath is--not my real name.  but its my ex jw facebook name.  feel free to add me.

i have a real facebook site--with my real name--just for family and friends.

so far--stan livedeath has --somehow---not been struck down dead by god or any watchtower hit-men.

• JWCart
    JWCart

Count the cost before posting your information, think of all the JWs and lifelong friendships and loving brotherhood that's going out the door if you post your name.  My Pusher would rather have people labeled as Apostates or good JWs, this prevents unholy unions from forming.  If you allow stickers placed all over you, than when JWs see you they are going to shun you quickly! Our Holy Organization does not allow halfhearted attempts worshiping Jehovah's Organization, either your in our out or really Out!

When you allow the Elders to put you in a pigeon hole, it's far to easier for them to make up stories how you left the loving embrace of the Organization.  Why go on their terms, do you want everyone to believe you were expelled because of some sexual deviation or fabrication when nobody will listen to your side of the story once your categorized as a Apostate? 

I was accused of Apostasy and people still look at me with caution because I did no scream loud enough when the Apostates put stickers all over my body.  I was violated and the local JWs judged me as "weak", "willing" and "gave the wrong signals to the perps, some whispered "JW-Cart wanted it!" when those Apostates violated me". Think this through, if a loyal JW-Cart get's accused of Apostasy and wrongdoing by our Organization, how much more will they accuse a human like you?  Please roll out on your terms and know by posting your name here it's not going to bring any closure or peace inside, you will be racing your wheels on their track, make sure you are going out "balls to the walls" on your terms!  You might feel like you have thought this through thoroughly but even the most vocal Local Apostates will warn you, don't reveal yourself until your sure you can pull yourself up those steep hills of tribulation and emotional stress that will ensue once all the JWs are shunning you!

"ACT IN HASTE, REPENT IN LEISURE!"

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

How about just posting a picture in flipper's thread without your real name kairos?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/179386/post-picture-thread-nice-meet-you?size=20&page=79

I've contemplated posting a photo of myself. It would be any easy way to possibly get outed.

But even though I'm inactive and don't attend meetings, I try to keep a measure of anonymity for the sake of my JW active wife so we can at least visit her family together.

We shall see what the future holds because other than that I don't really feel I have a lot to lose.

CoC

• flipper
    flipper

KAIROS- With all of the tension and difficult situations you've been going through with your JW wife- do you really feel you need more " dramatic confrontations " at this particular time ? You invited us to talk you off the ledge- so I'm talking. I think the expression " discretion's the better part of valor " and " out of sight out of mind " might apply here. Just my 2 cents knowing a bit of your situation and from our conversations.

I understand your possibly just wanting to get it over with- the coming out that is- however I don't think you fully understand the enormity of the " Pandora's Box " that may open against you and then other JW cult members may then try to influence your wife against you. It's something to consider.  Just consider your steps carefully

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

You know what your getting into by posting your real name that's up to you. Like the above posters were mentioning that you have had a lot of problems with your JW wife, so you may want to really think over your decision. Myself I was very careful what I posted on here when my parents were still alive. Now I really don't care if they know who I am.

• kairos
    kairos

Excellent points to consider.

I wonder what kind of conversation I could expect from someone who "saw me".

I would ask them where/how. Browsing apostate web site are we?

The irony.

On the other hand, we're really starting to experience "peace and security" on the home front for the first time in a long while. I believe my wife secretly knows TTATT but sees the effort to escape as being too difficult. I will support her. She skipped the Sunday meeting...

Laying low makes better sense.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Laying low would be my advice too. I am appreciative of the opportunities I have to speak with JW's on occasion.

Opportunities I would not have, if I had  come "out", I especially want to be available should any of the young ones in my JW family wish to talk.

In your situation, your wife would be instructed not to discuss anything with you, should you become a known Apostate/Opposer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit