A newbie's impression on this board, pros and cons

by smelly onions 293 Replies latest jw experiences

• Honesty
    Honesty

Honesty,

Two black hawks just took off from columbia heights, and they're heading your way!

steve

Hiya Steve,

I hope they got the WT god piloting one of them and all the crew are members of the Governing Body. I can give 'em my location to within 10 feet: 35.775866 Lat. -83.818897 Long. Maidenhead System Coordinate: EM85cs That oughta get 'em within range of my anti-Christ defense system.

• trevor
    trevor

Deleted due to interference from airplanes!

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

honesty

35.775866 Lat. -83.818897 Long

I think they'll overshoot 35.776076 Lat. -83.818897 Long steve

• Honesty
    Honesty
    honesty
    35.775866 Lat. -83.818897 Long
    I think they'll overshoot 35.776076 Lat. -83.818897 Long steve

I knew they would get disorientated on their own so I spiritually directed them to the proper understanding of my location. Hey Teddy and DannyBoy, 607 is only accurate when used to measure distances in a pyramid.

• smelly onions
    smelly onions
    The Catholic Church occupies a very significant position in the world and claims to be the way of salvation for hundreds of millions of people. Any organization that assumes that position should be willing to submit to scrutiny and criticism."

I gree fully my simple Sir. the wt should be held under the same scrutiny. i even think they should tell all its members of the silent lamb fiasco and turn in those child molesters to the proper authorities. the problem i see is that then the wt would have to admit that former disgruntled members and apostates changed church policy, something i dont see humans doing in any org. yes to keep the model of perfection is a terrible weight to bear. and yes they have kept this image for years, decades etc, it maybe that these lawsuits will put a crack in that dam and the whole house of cards might fall. but if the catholics who have burned people at the stake by the millions during the inquisition still has billion members then i dont think the org will just disappear either. i would love to see that debacle of the org and its results though, just out of curiousity for its effect and because all things should come out. nothing should be hidden so i am with you on this one.

this goes out to the guy who asked me abut df thing whether i was for it or against it.

what i have noticed about the disfellowshipping thing is that in the western and midwest states its taken as such a serious thing. i have travelled frequently to the carribean aand down there they dont even really listen to that. family members talks to df'ed members and the society is consttaantly giving tlaks about this but few listen. also the sisters by far and large marry outsiders but since its so widespread nobody looks at it so horribly like in the states. they are quite the relaxed kind down there.

• smelly onions
    smelly onions
    Smelly Onions is one of those dubs on the fence who has lived a sheltered life with only JW ideology penetrating his small mind.

not true, i have read plenty of literature condemning the jw's. if i would have suffered deeply like some here i cprobably would have hated an org which turned its back on me. just that hatred is understandable but must be watched. i do realize that those r more forgiving than others i have read here who's anger is indeed scary and dangerous. when one becomes so obsessed and consumed with ones hate by which it covers one's whole life and thoughts that is indeed a recipe for a disaster. to get ideas of harming bodily others bc of religious ideals is the end result of so many years of hate. and to think about thse grave errors from the inside of a prison cell is a sad end to years off spite. to vent, to let go is understandable but the rest is truly sad.

when will u all let go of this anger? when will it ever end?

• Sirona
    Sirona

Smelly (Phew!) actually has a point. I don't agree with his first comments but overall there is a process to go through when you leave the JWs and anger is a part of it.

The anger is justified. The anger doesn't need to be suppressed. However I think that doing excersizes to help release the anger is also good so that eventually it doesn't affect you that way. For instance, writing down all the things about JWs that make you angry and letting yourself really FEEL it. Then burning the list and trying to tell yourself that letting it go is going to help you long term. Things like this take years.

Mostly I'm over my initial anger, however my anger (righteous anger IMHO) is aroused when I hear of the abuse and other things that JWs as a religion are responsible for.

Sirona

PS So my point is, YES - come to this board and be angry. You deserve it.

• wiegel
    wiegel

smelly - you will remember some of the things you read here as you roll through life. and they will haunt you. your rose-colored shades are probably even in style now. life isn't a fad.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

SmellyOnions,

You make one ot two valid points in your posts, but your posts would have much more credibility if you learned the basics of grammar and used a spell check. Using the term 'u' instead of 'you' for example is irritating to say the least, as is the absence of capital letters and punctuation in your posts. Frankly they make much of what you write unreadable.

I suppose I could put this another way. How old are you?

HS

• talesin
    talesin

JW83

Sith, do you realise that you sound like an ignorant misogynist dickhead?

Don`t let him yank your chain,,, it`s just little-boy attention-getting behaviour ... lol tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit