A newbie's impression on this board, pros and cons

by smelly onions 293 Replies latest jw experiences

• Netty
    Netty

DIE thread, die!! Is this thread demonized, cuz I even tried to burn it, and it wouldn't burn.

• JW83
    JW83

Sith, do you realise that you sound like an ignorant misogynist dickhead?

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Personally I was initially livid by the first post on this thread and was already to unleash hells fury; personally I think he realises (or at least he should) by now that he was wrong to jump to conclusions; I am not going to bash him though...hes entitled to his opinion no matter how narrow it is.

Let him read some of the threads on this site and then let him come back with the same harsh and unfeeling comments...I hazard a guess he wont....I wont bet money on this though; the WTS indoctrination is mind control at its best...he has a long way to come.

I am also happy i don't celebrate x-mas. Sure save alot of money from one of the biggest scams in commercial america.

But you were scammed by a multibillion dollar publishing company and got no enjoyment from it....I would sooner be scammed by the former to be honest...at least its possible to enjoy Christmas...I just dont get it...

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hmmm. Troll? Naah, couldn't be.

S

• smelly onions
    smelly onions
    Sith, do you realise that you sound like an ignorant misogynist dickhead?

Sith sounds like all his comments are full of anger and hate. Oh weell I guess leaving the truth for him has been pure sadness and unhapiness. Many other posts here are full of the same vitriolic. THat i'm brainwashed blah, blah, blah. yeah right. for the vast majority there is no brainashing. people r there cuz they want to be. nobody is forced much less now. of course i'm not directing these comments to those who have sufffered deeply. but obviously there r many here who haven't been raped, molested etc and just are angry spiteful little pitiful people who are just plain angry at life. i apologized for the mistakes in my OP but they haven't apologized for their ranting and raving lunatic anger. i can understand children who have suffered physically as a result but not some crybaby who is complaining bc he says he couldn't celebrate x-mas. gimme a break, if that's ur version of xtreme suffering you've had a merry go round life too.

people saying bc they didn't celebrate birthdays they r scarred for life. don't think for 1 second that nonsense compares to a child being molested, raped, murdered and the family suffering. being shunned by family is horrible but its not in the same league with the aforementioned. if u think ur suffering bc u didn't get a postcard on halloween is comparable to molestation ur delusional. that only belittles those tragedies as of no value.

as for those silly comments of the brothers only thinking about themselves when crunch time came or monetary difficulties arose well we all know that u gotta pull ur own weight. obviously at the end of the day u can only depend on yourself.

but hey i dont have any hard feelings toward any here, i love ALMOST everyone truly.

• Sith
    Sith

"I guess leaving the truth for him has been pure sadness and unhapiness."

You really need to make up your mind. If it's the "truth", why did you leave? If it's not, why do you defend it? Leaving the Borg was one of the best things to ever happen to me. You know what brings me pure unhappiness and sadness? Being completely cut off from two daughters, a sister, a nephew, a niece and my mother for 13 years until she died. I don't have any horror stories to tell and I couldn't care less about the things I missed out on. But having your family ripped apart is pretty devastating, you pompous ass.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    THat i'm brainwashed blah, blah, blah. yeah right. for the vast majority there is no brainashing. people r there cuz they want to be. nobody is forced much less now

????

Smelly I appreciate there are no TV screens with spirals twirling round the screen with soothing music at the kingdom halls but you obviously have no idea how indoctrination works and how that constitutes 'brainwashing'. Try reading one of Steven Hassans books about cult mind control and you will realise that the similarities are way too coincidental to be a coincidence.

When you also look at their study methods and the way they keep all their members busy you will realise the amount of control the WTS wield. It takes people a long time to break free of the belief system...another point of evidence which suggests the WTS are in effect brainwashing their members...

DB74

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Disfellowshipping is a great thing at least IMO

Care to post your name and city on here for the world to see?

**** WARNING *****

When the WTBTS monitors find out you've been on this board you are going to find out exactly how great disfellowshipping can be for you on a personal basis.

Peace and security to you and yours,

Bob Evans

Walland TN

P.S. I am not disfellowshiped. I disfellowshipped the Governing Body of JW's for exploiting 6 million people and condemning them to an eternity of being separated from Jesus.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Honesty,

Two black hawks just took off from columbia heights, and they're heading your way!

steve

• JT
    JT

"but when ur talking about an organization with millions of members unfortunately these horrible things will happen"

#######

this mindset is very interesting for we were all told that the organization is not just any organization, but god spirit directed org , the only true org what we see is that as the poster has pointed out jw are no better or worst than any other org

is it not amazing that when jw want to impress you with the org they invoke being spirit directed and the moment you show they are not special they invoke the old "Well other orgs do the same"

that is suppose to be the point, jw often make, that they are not like the rest - yet jw constantly want to invoke the failings of others as an excuse for theirs

can you say double standard

not one article by the wt has stated that since the catholic church is One billion memebers, it is expected to have some bad apples - instead notice what they say:

####### "The Catholic Church occupies a very significant position in the world and claims to be the way of salvation for hundreds of millions of people. Any organization that assumes that position should be willing to submit to scrutiny and criticism." {AWAK Aug 22 1984 28}

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit