Is it time to demollish the welfare state in the UK

by Gill 136 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    But at least my liver will likely be in a donatable condition.

LT - thats below the belt man. Its low - even for you!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Paul:
    You forget that the movement of the ocean tends to push them up our way. Of course we could always dump them off the top of Scotland and let the Norwegians deal with the mop up Crumpet:I can assure you that I keep in trim and it's most definitely above the belt

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I LOVE the idea of chav-chasing death squads....

• scotsman
    scotsman

Perhaps these squads could ride horses and wear red coats, while blowing a horn.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

I LOVE the idea of chav-chasing death squads.... Its the only way i tells ya......and knock the price of the Bullet off their parents Giro (bit like China)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    ...while blowing a horn.

Oooh, errr!!!!

That'd be the gay-mafia back in the thread again!!!

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

My ideas.

Bring back the workhouses for those unwilling to work.

Increase pensions for the elderly, link them to inflation.

Forcibly remove hooligans and yobbos of the street.

Bring back capital punishment - save money on feeding murderers, child rapists etc.

Knock down all high rise flats - they don't work and they just get full of low income "where's my social" people.

Bring back corporal punishment.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Bring back the workhouses for those unwilling to work.

Amen!

• Ellie
    Ellie

Up until a couple of weeks ago I was claiming benefits and had been doing so since Novemeber last year (first Income Support and then JSA) and they really helped out, although it would have been really difficult to manage on the measly amount had it not been for the fact of having savings and a more than generous mother in law.

However, it still makes me really angry when you see people who have no intentions of working, who get every benefit and crisis/budgeting loan there is.

I have a family member who has not worked since her 7 year old son was born, she claims she doesn't know who the father is (although he secretly shares the council house with her), he works and gets cash in hand while still claiming JSA as a single man, and to top it all off had his driving lessons and test paid for by the benefit agency as he told them he was interested in a job as a driver, needless to say he never took the job.

Also, while her son was under 5 and qualified for milk tokens, she used to use them to buy fags with.

Twice someone has reported her for benefit fraud but nothing has ever come of it.

And one thing that has made me really angry recently is that she is now pregnant and expects me to give her all my baby equipment when I've finished with it, even though she will qualify for a £500 maternity grant to buy baby equipment with.

Sorry, just thought this was an appropriate place to have a rant.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Oo'err, someone's actually taking this seriously

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit