Is it time to demollish the welfare state in the UK

by Gill 136 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

Sorry, I saw it on 60 Minutes, they showed the documents, stats, etc., but that will probably hold no water, if you are bent on blaming the poor.

Anyway, it was just my thoughts, as I`ve worked in the field, and seen the attitudes of hopeless children and adult far too many times ... who cares, right?

LET THEM EAT CAKE!!!

tal

• scotsman
    scotsman

I see. Ok, but only if they're blonde with blue eyes, the kind that Leni Riefenstahl made those really great films about. Any ideas about uniforms for our patriotic youths?

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

F*** the poor. Turn the old churches into bars and nightclubs. Or trendy flats would be cool too.

Give all the homeless a one way Chunnel ride to France.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Well, well.

So, we have established that we want a LOT more government intervention into our private lives, and that welfare should be on the basis of merit not need.

What else can we sort out? How should we deal with people staggering around half naked and pissed up on Saturday nights? What should we do with those bastards who go speeding around built up areas?

• Englishman
    Englishman

Bring back National Service!

Englishman.

• upside/down
    upside/down

I think I've been misunderstood...

I WAS the poor... reduced to 100% dependence on state aid. It was HELL getting off. I appreciated it and NEEDED it so badly and am grateful it was there... I pity anyone who has to stay on it... let alone those that CHOOSE to stay on it...UGH!

u/d

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Scotsman, surely something smart and a bit military is needed, shorts as well, defiantly shorts.

• talesin
    talesin

((((U/D))))

I know, you have been there. Me, too! I wasn`t angry with you, dear heart, just being a little flip, is all.

It`s true, though, about the 1% ,,, I`ve done a little research here in Canada, ,,, and it sickens me. You know, if we abolished the social administration and all the money that goes to it, every Canadian could receive a cheque for $10,000 a year? And here, you get about $5,500 if you are single and on welfare. Disabled (me) gets around $9,000, not enough to eat healthy on ... it`s disgusting, and thank the goddess for friends/family who care!

Just send good energy for change, and support for the activists, ,, we can`t all be on the front line, but we can be supportive in our thoughts!

t

• scotsman
    scotsman

You're right, in our climate shorts are defiant. But the healthy outdoor air of our forests and mountains will help us build a moral and pure society and rid us of the vice of Vicky Pollard.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

With this kind of enthusiastic input what say you we get together and write the Little Britain spin off series:

Little Hitler

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit