First Post

by 5thGeneration 75 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls
    Kls,

Hard not to drink when facing losing everyone that's ever been important to me in my life

Well if we are talking about losing the only person you ever loved in your life ,someone that you have been with since a teenager and see them change into someone you who has more love for the wt then his own family and would watch you slit your wrists begging for their love ,then they turn and walk out the door for their meeting ? yes ,in this respect then i do.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

15th june 1999

(sorry keep forgetting date doesnt come up auto like it does when you print it)

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Welcome 5th gen----I am sure you'll be well equipped and very well informed when you stick around here! We're glad you found us.

~~~Indeed, the WT Society discourages "independent thinking". That must mean, by inference, that they only allow "dependent thinking", that is -- dependent on THEM and their current views.~~~

Gopher,

Nicely put!

"Pay constant attention to yourselves and to your teachings" (my other bible says "doctrines")1Tim 4:16

"Constant"........customary, routine, procedural. In this context it would mean all the time, or every time we read a WTS publication, right?

"WHO shall separate US from the love of the Christ? Shall tribulation, distress, persecution, famine or nakedness, peril or sword?"

For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor governments, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth nor any other creature shall be able to separate US from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus, our Lord." Romans 8:35,38, 39.

Now....do you think that any man-made organization who claims to speak FOR God himself, and that constantly changes its mind as to what God expects from you----can you possibly think that this "religion" has the power to tell you who God loves and who He doesn't? Isn't this just too much like "pushing ahead" of the scriptures and putting words into Jehovah's mouth for him?

Talk about blasphemous!!!!!! They are the Masters of this!!!

The WTS has climbed up into the seat of Jesus, has cast him aside----and has decided that if you don't "follow" them---that you aren't worthy of God's love!!! (Even though the bible says differently, as you can see)

The WTS is haughty, arrogant and has delusions of grandeur. They have no right to make these claims---or to teach these things to Jesus' sheep. They are cruel and hateful liars and misrepresent Jesus at every turn.

I too, felt that because I questioned the WTS---that God was angry with me. It wasn't until I left the WTS did I know that He didn't desert me, and that Jesus' sacrifice was meant for all mankind. I left the WTS and found God! Your relationship with God and his Son are personal---and not dependant on a bunch of men in Brooklyn! No one "must" be involved in or follow the dictates of the WTS in order to please anyone BUT the WTS!!!!! Just knowing this is a major step for you, Sweetie!!!!! I hung on to and clung to the WTS as my salvation for 30 years, until realized just what you are beginning to see right now.

"Making sure" of what you are being taught does not end when you are baptized as a JW (so I have sadly learned) because the WTS' teachings and beliefs change time and time again! If you just "accept" everything they print and teach (new light sound familiar?), how can you trust in everything or anything they say? That it "comes from God? The bible does not change---only the WTS interpretation of it. They call it otherwise (that they don't "interpret it") but how better can we describe what they do?

The WTS will interpret what they will, and dispense it as "truth", that all JWs must live by---only to have these "truths" change every so often! (Then, of course they play the "we be imperfect" card to let themselves off the hook)

Remember the thought at Psalms where it plainly states "Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man in whom there IS no help"

When a religion has made as many mistakes, miscalculations, failed predictions (that they always claim that THEY never made) and have been purposely deceitful in misleading others......why would they even deserve our trust? Telling the JWs never to read anything negative about them should give us a clue....

God cannot lie. The WTS does it on a daily basis. (Just look at the eager anticipation in the JW world when the latest bible-based publication comes out each summer? How many times have we dashed to open one of these books to see what the Watchtower Society has to say? Can God's word REALLY be understood yet another way?

Another thought----and this DOES apply to those that cling to the Watchtower Society;

"GET OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE, IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO SHARE WITH HER IN HER SINS, AND IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO RECEIVE PART OF HER PLAGUES. FOR HER SINS HAVE MASSED TOGETHER CLEAR UP TO HEAVEN, AND GOD HAS CALLED HER ACTS OF INJUSTICE TO MIND" Rev 18:4

hugs,

Annie..........who hopes she has helped somewhat.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Welcome to the board 5thgeneration.

I hear what you are saying when you mention that you feel the jWs' are still closest to the truth. I used to say the EXACT same thing at one stage. But then I started doing a bit of research - not heavy stuff - just looking into the history of the organisation, different bible translations & layed off using the publications.

What I realised is that the JWs' are no where near to the truth - this was a sad, gut wrenching panic filled moment in my life. I though ""now what"".

I personaly still believe in God (well holding onto that belief for now) His name is Jehovah, Holy Spirit, Jesus, Lord, God and so many other names.......He is a clever enough God to know who he is. We are the ones that get confused and misinterperate things. I have been questioning the existance of a God lately - perhaps because I'm looking at things very logically.

Anyway all the best in where-ever your path takes you.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

****Yet, what if it became publicly known that a Christian blithely disregarded God’s evaluations? Would not others doubt whether he (or, she) was a good example, having a reputation of making decisions in harmony with the Bible? Such a disturbing blemish on one’s reputation could, of course, affect a minister’s being qualified for special privileges of service, though that might not be so if one had in ignorance had this procedure performed.—1 Timothy 3:7.

WHAT KIND OF HORSESHITE IS THIS!!!! So "blithely disrgarded" means one who thought the matter thru and determined it was ok with his Christian conscience? Assholes.....why don't they just come out and say "WE DON"T ALLOW IT" and be done with it. As usual they use subterfuge and stealth to excercise their power. UGH! I'm pissed off now!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    ****Yet, what if it became publicly known that a Christian blithely disregarded God’s evaluations?

God's evaluations = the opinions of the Governing Body.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit