First Post

by 5thGeneration 75 Replies latest jw friends

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Well certain comments need to be taken in context. Lots of us think that God actually has a sense of humor and think some of the "tongue in cheek" humor is quite funny. Irreverent yes....blasphemous no.

But also lot's of us here do not think "your Jehovah" is God. Make sense? Some of us are agnostic. Some are Buddhist. Some are mormon. Some are hybrids.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Notice how there are the first century christians and then nothing until 187? when Rutherford wrote a book?

What about the 18 centuries in between? Ask an elder.

• kls
    kls
    By blashemous I meant comments like "Lets all kick Jehovah's ass", stuff like that.

Ahh i see , i was not sure if maybe you meant just not being a Christian in general so thanks for the explanation.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Evilforce,

God, sense of humour, of course. Anyone says to kim in Bible times "we gonna kick your ass" ... toast.

You forget, I still believe the Bible even if you don't.

Don't know either why Mormons and Buddists and such would hang around here? Weird.

I can already see we won't be getting along very well. Very quickly seems that you don't yield to anyone else's opinion much whereas I can.

Man, I'm getting scared away on my first day!

• kls
    kls

Please 5th Evil is a great person honestly as are most folks here . Remember there are folks from all walks of life with different thoughts and ideas, some you will agree with and others you won't but we are all here for basically the same reason ,so ask questions and don't be afraid.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

If god does exist, and he really and truly created everything,

Then go look at an Anteater,

And tell he doesn't enjoy a good belly laugh every now and again.

• kls
    kls

5th , you still here ? Really it is ok.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< would this face lie to you

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Personally, I have a very different view of my higher power. But it took alot of soul searching and asking questions. Like evil force said, got to keep a sense of humor. There's alot of serious dicussions here, and alot of laughter. No one HAS to agree with anyone. Just be true to yourself. Don't take anything at face value--reaearch it till you are satisfied.

Oh, evil force's bark is usually bigger than his bite!!!

shelley

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Yeah, I'm fine.

Just don't like getting head bit of already for not be understanding of others while I am still technically a JW on a "JW" board and my views are not respected in return.

No worries.

• Truth2Me
    Truth2Me

Hi 5th, welcome to the board .

I can understand your concerns, and I at one time had the same delema. The society teaches us that the WTB&TS is God's Channel, therefore loyalty to the organization is the equivalent to loyalty to Jehovah. But, once we realize that God does not SOLELY communicate with ONLY Jehovah's Witnesses, that is when we can serve Jehovah freely, based on our own independent thinking, research, and experience having a friendship with our creator.

Once I realized that having a relationship with my creator was NOT dependent or defined and limited too what the WTB&TS teaches, I did not feel guilty that I was going "against Jehovah" by not 100% agreeing with every single thing the Society teaches/does. The "truth abouth the Truth" really does set one free, free to think for themselves and have a more personal relationship with our creator.

For some, the Society may provide the scructure and support they need to feel secure spritiually and that is fine, but that may not work for others.

When you are up to it, a very good book to read is "Out of the Cults and Into the Church" by Janis Hutchinson. Now don't be detered by the title. All religions at one time may have been classified as a cult, I prefer the term "high control group" which is applicable to many organizations, religious and otherswise.

The book shows us the principals of mass movements, and how many of the things that we were taught "in the truth" as being special indicators of Jehovah's blessing are really predicable, and the same signs that many others groups claim as unique to them, when really they are NOT unique, proofs of God's favor.

Whatever you decide to do, just be true to yourself, your conscience, and your relationship with your creator.

That's the truth to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit