First Post

by 5thGeneration 75 Replies latest jw friends

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

5th.... Thanks for sharing.
    When I was going to meetings as a late teen early 20's something I really drank too much myself. Numb the pain.
    But, remember there is a whole life out there for you. It's not easy. It's not "prepackaged" and "tastes great". Find your path. I will never go back to the Witnesses.....unless they made wholesale changes...which is next to near impossible. But I've never felt more spiritual or free. As a Dub Jesus' load never felt light nor felt unburdensome.

As a Dub I NEVER felt "spiritual"!!! I tried !!! But I could never feel like God really cared nor loved me. My belief system now makes me feel very spirtual and at peace. For fun you may want to go to:
    http://www.beliefnet.com/story/76/story_7665_1.html
    It's a "Belief-O-Meter"..... take the 20 minute "survey" and it will tell you how closely your personal beliefs match up with the top 26 religions here in America. JW's are included on those results.

But my parents still think I've lost my mind. How could I really not care one way or the other what happens at death?!? Try explaining that I do care, I just don't know, nor can ANYONE know for sure. There are lots of folks here with many fun, sad, twisted, and other experiences that you may like.

I'm from a four generation Dub family by the way. My grandfather was city overseeer waaaay back in the day. So I do understand your issues.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Thanks guys!

Last comment I promise.

I was asked what started me on this road and it was literally ONE Thursday night 3 or 4 Summers ago.

My wife has an auto-immune deficiency problem and was advised to go off the "Pill" by her doctor. I then decided to get a Vasectomy because of my concern for her health. We had the appointment and it was set up. 2 weeks later... BANG... Questions from Readers: Vasectomies: Wrong. It is disrespect for God's reproductive gift. Cannot serve if you get one (I was an M.S.). That really hurt us a lot! A LOT!

Chemical birth control damaging my wife's body...OK.

Flushing a condom down the toilet and throwing seeman on the groung...OK.

Society randomly deciding Vasectomy's are wrong....Priceless!

We have fought over this for 3 and a half years.

Sorry for boring you all.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

hi 5th.. i dunno what generation jw i am/was.. my great grandma was one of the first in the area i was born. one of my kids is a pioneer..

my doubts came when i became aware that i was knocking myself out to be everything i was supposed to be as a jw wife /mother/daughter/sister etc.. and still wasnt happy, and when my world fell apart the elders and the congregation offered NO comfort, NO practicle help , nothing, not even a phone call. one of the clenchers that really drove home to me that the WTBS might not have the " truth" was the fact that they are the mediator between man and Jesus.. and that Jesus isnt mediator between men and God..that the FDS is.. (its in the proclaimers book if you doubt me, under mediator)...

for a time after i quit going i doubted the exsistance of God but thats just not me.. i know theres a God. so, now i pray, i read the bible, i trust the promises of the bible that faith in his son Jesus Christ is where salvation lies.. and i live my life the best way i can.and i kind of got the attitude, belief is vanity, anyone can believe anything they want about God, about life, about salvation.. we dont KNOW and wont know till we die or whenever the "mystery is finished".

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Thanks EF,

Took the test.

Says I'm a Quaker. And JW 90%.

Problem is I went to last years Superbowl in Jax and I don't think a Quaker would do that! LOL!

Thanks for being nice!

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

BTW:

I thought at the beginning you were extremely anti-JW. Then you say: "I will never go back to the Witnesses.....unless they made wholesale changes...". So you are kind of in my situation?

I know 4 people writing the Society (anonomously of couse, mailing from different cities, etc.) to propose MAJOR changes. One Elder proposes only the pioneers go door-to-door and the rest witness informally and not report. NOW THAT WOULD BE REFRESHING!

But I know you are right, they will never change.

Thanks again for being cool.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Kls,

Hard not to drink when facing losing everyone that's ever been important to me in my life.

Thanks for your kind words.

5th

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hey 5thG,

Chemical birth control damaging my wife's body...OK.

Flushing a condom down the toilet and throwing seeman on the groung...OK.

Society randomly deciding Vasectomy's are wrong....Priceless!

The Society's randomly changing views on all matter of personal bedroom decisions have wreaked havoc on many of life. Some of this is described in Ray Franz' book Crisis of Conscience. Have you had a chance to read this? If not, I think you would enjoy it because Ray is a solid Christian and writes with a lot of warmth and compassion.

SNG

• kazar
    kazar

Welcome to the board! You can bend our ear anytime.

• Panda
    Panda

Dear 5th welcome to the board! I have found some great thinkers and some great ballbusters on this JWD thang. What caught my eye with your situation is your wifes illness. I've had chronic urticaria since 1999. It's an auto immune disorder and hell to live with. I hope your sweetie will find some relief. I knew several young witness guys who had vasectemies (sp?). My husband was even an elder at the time and hs told him (a brother) there was no problem. And one big reason to question the WTBTS is the changing views on medical procedures. BTW... how about all those sisters getting boob jobs(doesn't that have some reproductive involvement?) and face lifts? Oh and liposuction...In SanAntonio and New Braunfels there are SEVERAL... California too heck probably everywhere.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

As I was going to university the Dub's always seemed to have an answer for medical issues. I have now come to the conclusion...let religion offer spiritual healing....let doctors offer physical healing. Don't let either interfere with the other. Evil gets off soapbox.....LOL.

5th...I promise you I grow on you. All of my really good friends thought I was a bastard when they first met me. Now they are like...oh...that's just his way. He's like that to everyone. LOL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit