OK smarty pants, post something simple that most people don't know.

by JH 101 Replies latest jw friends

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

people who eat their boogers have stronger immune systems than those who don't. sorta like a self-vaccination i guess...

guess that's why i was such a healthy little kid.

luv, jojo

• rebel8
    rebel8

Speaking of sugar, many people don't realize that some of our table sugar actually comes from beets instead of sugar canes. Yes, I do have a reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

SNG.....

Harvard Source?...I do not have it on me(in my hands) at this point in time, but if it is so important to you I may have to call up my old teacher to get the research paper of the study.

Here is a preview for you inquiring mind to which I presume your fascination is to prove me false!

In 1985 Harvard Medical School did a study of the famous urban legend.

It was made fun of at first thinking why would they do such a thing. After WWII many women (especially teenage girls) were rumored to be using Coca-Cola as a postcoital(being administered) contraceptive douche. In 1985, some researchers at the Harvard School of Medicine investigated Coke's "sperm killing abilities." Published in the November 1985 New England Journal of Medicine, the findings were as suspected. ? Douching of any kind is not an effective means of birth control (in fact, it may increase the risk of pregnancy). However Coca-Cola did kill sperm with Diet Coke being the most lethal. New Coke was the least effective only killing one-fifth the sperm that Classic Coke did.

What I have said in this thread:

Coca -Cola is a popular contraceptive is some 3rd world countries. When used as a douche, it annihilates everything in its path.

However, the University of Harvard did a study and it was proven effective! Diet Coke was better than the classic! Urban myth's can be true legends. I trust in Harvard not your little snopes.com!

So in conclusion..I in fact never said 100% it was fully effective. Coke does kill sperm but how much? Is it really a path you want to follow? Maybe not. All contraceptives have a %. Which is greater? I wouldn't say coke, but I do say it is small spermicidal!

Like I said before it is a POPULAR Contraceptive! Not a guarantee! Please in the future read it fully.

Brooke

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

There's a higher percentage of iron in steel than in wrought iron.

(I think, unless YOU know better)

ig.

• dh
    dh

There are 6800 known languages spoken in the world today.

http://www.ethnologue.com/language_index.asp?letter=A

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

IG:Was that really necessary?

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

Just covering me donkey!

ig.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sorry, Iggy, my comment was directed at IronGland, not you

It was a run-by shooting, and you were the innocent bystander that got caught in the strafe...

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

It was a good job I did misunderstand you LT, it forced me to do some googling, and to thereby discover that my interesting fact was a load of dingo's kidneys.

I meant cast iron, not wrought iron. They gave me an A-level in chemistry you know, the fools!

If I see you waving that intellectual gun about again, I'll duck

ig. (the other one)

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

That bumblebee thing sounded like an urban legend... sure enough a quick google search turned this up!

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a5_045.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit