OK smarty pants, post something simple that most people don't know.

by JH 101 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I can't believe the thought police are on this thread, too - gawd almahty, can't some folks give it a rest with the serious stuff - LOL!!!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Did you know that a coot is the only bird that helps look after it's younger siblings?

Englishman, silly coot at times.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

The smallest island in the world - according to the Guiness Book of Records - is Bishop Rock. It lies at the most south-westerly part of the United Kingdom. It is one of 1040 islands around Britain and only has a lighthouse on it. In 1861, the British government set out the parameters for classifying an island. It was decided that if it was inhabited, the size was immaterial. However, if it was uninhabited, it had to be "the summer's pasturage of at least one sheep" - which is about two acres.
    Going by the above parameters, most of the 179 584 "islands" around Finland and the almost 200 000 around Canada would not match Indonesia as the country with the most islands. In fact, Indonesia consists only of islands - 13 667 of them, 6000 of which are inhabited

• Mary
    Mary

That salt that you buy in the grocery store actually has liquid invert sugar in it? I kid you not, take a look at the ingredients on the side of the box........they do it so that the flavour of the salt is diminished, which means you have to use more of the product which means you have to buy more which means more profit for these guys.

Do yourself a favour and buy either Sea Salt or Kosher Salt.......it tastes a hell of a lot better and you don't have to use nearly as much.

• zagor
    zagor

Believe it or not, the animals contribute to global warming through their daily fart emissions. And the animal that gives most of output is the humble termite. Because of their diet and digestive processes (with more than the usual microbial assistance), they produce as much methane as human industry. Termite farts are believed to be a major contributor towards global warming.

Recent research has shown that most methane produced by cows and sheep emerges from the mouth rather than the anus. So one could more accurately say that cow and sheep belches are contributing to global warming. New Zealand researchers are investigating methods of breeding methane-free sheep.

• Quotes
    Quotes

(Quotes looks at the side of the box of "SIFTO TABLE SALT" and reads)

Ingredients: Salt, Calcium Silicate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Thiosulphate.

(Quotes looks again for any mention of invert sugar and finds none)

(Quotes reasons that sugar is MORE EXPENSIVE than salt and it would be counterproductive for the salt mfgrs to "cut" (dilute) their product with a more valuable product. It would make as much (or as little) sense as cutting CRACK with the more expensive PURE COCAINE)

Quotes, of the "I only buy the cheapest box of salt I can find, where does Mary get her wacky sugar salt?" class

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Nah, Myth Busters have ruined my party trivia. Knew about different orgasms aka clitoral, vaginal. Ah youth!!

• Terry
    Terry
    Coca -Cola is a popular contraceptive is some 3rd world countries. When used as a douche, it annihilates everything in its path.

Women who ovulate at orgasm produce an egg that is available for fertilization. Once the sperm reaches the egg all the coke in the world can't help you.

Besides, the mucous membrane will react quite violently to the caustic action of the carbonation.

• IronGland
    IronGland
    It's contrary to the laws of physics, and aerodynamically impossible, for a Bumblebee to fly...

...and yet it does...

So, it must be Jesus' Holy Magic(tm) holding them aloft?

• Mary
    Mary

Quotes, of the "I only buy the cheapest box of salt I can find, where does Mary get her wacky sugar salt?" class

LMAO.......It's made by Windsor and it's this stuff here: http://www.windsorsalt.com/prod/proaprod.htm

Next time you go grocery shopping, take a look at the side and one of the ingredients is liquid invert sugar..........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit