What do you feel when you see groups of Jehovah's Witnesses on the street?

by nicolaou 67 Replies latest jw experiences

• Dennis
    Dennis

Delighted to see faith in action. Also proud.

They said bad things about the Christ, similar to the ones who have deviated and make rude comments in this questionaire.

• Preston
    Preston
    What do you feel when you see groups of Jehovah's Witnesses on the street?

Well...considering that I live in Arizona, and now that the weather is 100 + degrees this time of year, it makes me thankful that I don't have to appear foolish and crazy anymore for enduring such death-dealing heat with the intent of trying to impress people that I would be willing to get my bee-hind out of bed on a Saturday in order to do everything in my power to show up at their house and prevent any sort of open dialogue about the bible.....cause I gots the troof dammit!

- Preston

• freedom96
    freedom96

I see a bunch of sad people walking very slowly. It brings back memories of having to do it myself, and being very grateful that I don't anymore.

Other than that, I find it very entertaining to watch.

• patio34
    patio34

I feel, among other feelings at times, embarrassment: for them and for me when I did that.

It's similar to something like popular culture saying it's okay to do a certain type of activity and then years later finding out it is what it always intuitively appeared to be: stupid! The emperor's new clothes sort of thing.

Pat

• Purza
    Purza

Funny, I can't even recall what it felt like going door to door.

When I see dubs now going door to door, I feel sorry for them. They appear to have no clue that they are in a cult. Very sad.

Purza

• watchtower_and_afake
    watchtower_and_afake

I drive semi truck so I see JW all the time while Im driving down the road. You know the dead give away?? Six people in a four door geo metro with the 500 pound fatty sitting in the middle of the back seat, book bags all over the place, and of course you gotta have that "old Watchtower" mag sitting in the back window, just in case a fellow JW drove by you they would know your in the "troof" too. I was at the gas station while I was out of town. This car that I explained in the introduction actually pulled up next to me in the parking lot. When I noticed they all were JW's I reached over and grabbed my own bible and started reading it in the car. When they noticed me of course they couldnt help but start a conversation!! Boy was that fun!! I had the car group all sitting there wondering if the truth.....really was the truth. Lets all pray they find it too!

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

LOL @ watchtower_and_afake! And welcome to the board!

SNG

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

I mainly feel anger, as I regard them collectively as a hazard in the community.

Since having broken with the WTs, I now understand why I often got a warm reception from the public while engaged in hawking WTS propaganda from door to door.

• zulukai
    zulukai

What do I feel?....apart from cringing embarassment and pity?....DAMN glad it is'nt me!!!!

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

All my local dubs are people I know, so there tends to be a bit of anger on my part; by and large, the members of my old cong have done a spectacular job of shunning me thus far.

When I see witnesses I don't know personally, I generally feel really bad for them. I always want to ask if they'd like to pitch their service bags and play hooky, just once.

Interesting thing happened at the Dallas Apostafest in February: On Monday morning, I went down to the lobby of our hotel to wait for my shuttle taking me to the airport. The apostababe I'd roomed with had kept me up all night drinking, talking, and crank calling her dad on the phone; as a result, I was half-asleep and three-quarters drunk at 9am. This guy came in and sat down near me, and started reading the Live Forever book. I could tell from the way he kept sneaking glances at me that he was itching to informally witness to me. So I started chatting with him. I never told him that the hotel we were sitting in (The Bradford) was Apostate Central at the moment, nor that I'd just attended an apostafest. Nor that I'm a Goddess worshipping Pagan. I just told him I was familiar with his religion, as I had family members who were witnesses (no lie there.) He and I had a nice chat, and he showed me pictures of his family, including the 16 yr-old daughter who'd dropped out of high school to pioneer. He was so proud of her for that! When I asked him how she would support herself without an education, he happily reported that she was engaged to a fine young brother, so her work would be field service and taking care of the house and children. When I asked him if someone in the cleaning business could make enough money to support a family, he was all "How'd you know he was a janitor?" So I told him I was psychic. *sigh* I felt really bad for the poor deluded guy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit