What do you feel when you see groups of Jehovah's Witnesses on the street?

by nicolaou 67 Replies latest jw experiences

• jillbedford
    jillbedford

I see what motivated, sincere people. Imagine with their good intentions, if it went toward something that REALLY mattered, like Habitat for Humanity. Imagine what tremendous good could be done with the amount of time spent in field service, if it was directed toward a charitable cause..........

But I guess the old men in Brooklyn know best, right????

Think for yourself BABY!!!!

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

I feel two things. First, there is a feeling of entrapment that I sympathetically feel, as if I can look out from their eyes. And secondly, from my perspective, I feel a tremendous sense of waste. Days, weeks, months, years, lives wasted over something that is not even remotely true. The feeling of absolute vanity is crushing in its sadness.

SNG

• devils_child
    devils_child

it reminds me of how i used to have to do the same thing.. and i feel relieved..

however if i know them thats a different story..

i dunno if its cos im young (im 17) but i truly despise seeing witnesses from my ex-congregation.. they always look at me so critically like im trash or something

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Welcome Devils Child...I think everyone on this site can empathise with your feelings on this.

DB74

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Don't see ém anymore. I reckon the door to door action is slowing down. When I used to see ém, it was usually Sunday morning after a lie in, a read of the paper and good coffee, while driving to the beach. Dressed up like 60's readers digest adverts..... Tragic

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I don't see any on the street, but if I did I'd probably think of how closed-minded and brainwashed they are. I feel sorry for them...going around spewing their fear-of-death-filled rhetoric while everyone else is enjoying life. Isn't that what the religion boils down to? A fear of death? They use it to prey on others with a central message: "You can live forever in paradise on Earth." They're no different than the ancient Egyptians who were so afraid of death that they'd wrap themselves in bandages and be buried with all of their possessions so they could enjoy an afterlife. It's sad.

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

I guess I feel compulsive. The other day a slow moving vehicle going by my driveway was a former fellow elder in service. I quickly yelled/blurted out "pedophile" then giggled.

HCM

• Honesty
    Honesty

I never see any since DF'ing the Governing Body of theives and liars in Beth-el. I have lived here almost 10 years and they used to come around at least twice a month. Maybe they avoid my no-outlet street because of 'the evil apostate who turned his back on Joe Hoba and now wants to beat up his fellow slaves by exposing the truth about the hypocritical WTBTS to them '.

On our Bethel Bus trip, we were driving through the city on Saturday. A lot of people were doing street witnessing and for every group we saw, the bus driver would blow the horn while everyone on the bus would hold up Watchtowers and scream...

Why don't they hold up their bible? Oh yeah, it's not New Light.

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

On a beautiful Saturday morning and the ball parks across the street are filled and the sounds of kids screaming and laughing, playing on the swings, chasing eachother....and then I catch sight of a group of witnesses doing street work and a little girl handing out tracts, and I can't help but think 'damn, she should be in the park playing with the rest of the kids' and I can relate to her, because that was me. I get a little queasy feeling in my tummy, take a deep breath and think, 'I'm so glad that's over'....as a I let my little boy run in the park and enjoy being a kid.

• startingover
    startingover

I am overcome with a great feeling of joy that I no longer have to be doing that. Then as I watch them it strikes me how ridiculous it all was. Here is this supposed life saving work with great urgency as the end is just around the corner, and these people cannot possible walk any slower.

I get the same feeling as my wife dutifully leaves the house 3 times a week all dressed up as I am propped up on the sofa in front of the big screen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit