What do you feel when you see groups of Jehovah's Witnesses on the street?

by nicolaou 67 Replies latest jw experiences

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Regret, anger frustration? How about sadness, sorrow, sympathy, understanding, even yearning!

It can be quite confusing at times. The compassionate feeling of pity I get if I see a pair of 'pioneer sisters' at midday is quite different from my reaction at seeing little kids in their suits and smart dresses being dragged from door to door on Saturday mornings when they should be watching Spongebob or getting up to mischief with other kids their own age.

After such a long time as a JW I recognise feelings of identification with them but these are immediately conflicted by a sense of rejection. Oh the life of an ex-cult member!

What about you?

• dh
    dh

I just look and think 'what a set of small minded wastes of space'...

• JW83
    JW83

I feel recognition, identity, sort of sad, then I snicker. I guess that's the exit process for you!

• luna2
    luna2

I hardly ever see any! The town I work in (and live close to, so do most of my shopping, etc in) has banned JW's from working d2d. They will occassionally try to work a shopping center parking lot, but so far I haven't run into them.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I very, very rarely see any. When I do I think, "God, I hope they don't act like they know me. I wouldn't want anyone in public to think I have anything to do with these nuts."

• zagor
    zagor

Well if they were people on the mission, I’d feel sympathy and understanding for them even if I didn’t agree with them. But seeing faces of many of them that have silent expression of type “wh …, what, is going on, wh …, why am I doing this, oh yes I remember now to file field service report” I don’t feel anything

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

On our Bethel Bus trip, we were driving through the city on Saturday. A lot of people were doing street witnessing and for every group we saw, the bus driver would blow the horn while everyone on the bus would hold up Watchtowers and scream...

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    the bus driver would blow the horn while everyone on the bus would hold up Watchtowers and scream...

Wish Idve been on the bus...idve been on the backseat showing my arse...LOL Seriously though...its a sad state of affairs when your only sense of identity is some poorly referenced and idiotic magazine!!!

DB74

• luna2
    luna2
    the bus driver would blow the horn while everyone on the bus would hold up Watchtowers and scream...

LMAO! Actually, that's kind of cute in a weird, cult-like sorta way. Did you participate in the fun, Richie? Did they sing songs and stuff too?

Btw, how was the DC for you...didn't you go last weekend or is it coming up?

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

And if you look closely at that group of JWs' they not really interested in being there themselves. Just glad it's not me & I feel sorrow for them that they feel they have to impress God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit