What do you feel when you see groups of Jehovah's Witnesses on the street?

by nicolaou 67 Replies latest jw experiences

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    Actually, that's kind of cute in a weird, cult-like sorta way. Did you participate in the fun, Richie? Did they sing songs and stuff too?

Btw, how was the DC for you...didn't you go last weekend or is it coming up

I did nothing of the sort! I just watched... It was so funny... The singing got really annoying...Trace ADkins + Kingdom Melodies - talent = Richie pissed off!!

My DC is July 1-3... I'm looking forward to it though....

• Balsam
    Balsam

I have all those feelings when I see them. I have moved away from the area I lived as a JW, so I never see anyone I know except on rare occasions I'm in that city.

I do have a JW lady who calls on me and we disguss the bible. I noticed here lately she has gone to wearing slacks when she drops by and she speaks less and less about the bible and she just acts alike a friendly neighbor. She lives one street over from me in the same community. I feel sorry for her but know that her faith in the WTS and what she thinks she knows has made her life better because of getting out of an abusive marriage many years ago and marrying a JW man. He treats her good. She does not know I am an ex-witness and I have no responsiblity to her to tell her so. We don't talk about the organization. I listen mostly. When she leaves I feel she is where she needs to be to have value to her life. Unless her thinking ever changes she will continue to be there in that thinking.

I am very happy where I am, and I feel that JW today get something out of their religion if their still active. If they aren't then they are not getting anything out of it. I remember the days of happiness of being a JW, but it was based on false information. But I was satisfied with that, but no longer could I be. I think when people need something more, they leave the witness and find their own way to where they are now.

Balsam

• Balsam
    Balsam

Richie,

Oh my goodness, I remember those days, how funny is that honking from the bus and holding up magazines to JW on the street. I know you were about ready to fall out laughing watching it all. Your going to be our spy bring us back some good stuff from the convention. Hugs to you kido.

Balsam

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    I know you were about ready to fall out laughing watching it all.

Actually, I was taking pictures of the quick build...

alt

• Netty
    Netty

I feel very sorry for them, especially the small kids. At least the sisters can wear a skirt, and nowadays, no nylons (back in my day we had to wear nylons). But the poor little boys, a long sleeve shirt and tie, and even some in suits, when it's over 100 degrees, thats just inhumane. Then I remember back on how much I hated it, and was forced to go, and I know some or most of these kids are going through the same thing. Poor babies.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I would answer, but believe it or not, I have not seen one...ONE person out in field service since I moved into this home in 1999. And since I have been in Dallas, I have seen one person at my door and that was late 1996.

I thought they stopped knocking. Or they all lie on the time sheet.

• by grace
    by grace

we haven't seen anyone yet, but the last time someone came to our door, they weren't in their own territory, so my husband told them we're leaving the b0rg and he explained why. they listened.

my husband and i were just talking this morning, and he suggested that we print up a bunch of flyers and pass them out in the territory about how the wts is a mind-control group, tell them all about the guilt they impose on people, the lies, etc. he suggested we could go right after the witnesses leave each house. ha ha ha ha

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I feel embarrassed for them - they look scared, reluctant, like frightened sheep huddled on a corner of our road waiting to be herded to their allotted side. They have only called at my place once and then they didnt actually call - they just hovered at the end of the drive until my bf shouted nasty things at them. I'd have stopped him had I known they were there.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

i feel like a little kid inside screaming, ''ha ha!!! ''

luv, jojo

• Netty
    Netty
    I feel like ;a little kid inside screaming, ''ha ha!!! ''

Kitty, dont you get a little hungry when you see them?? Your avatar says Kittyeatzjdubs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit