What do you feel when you see groups of Jehovah's Witnesses on the street?

by nicolaou 67 Replies latest jw experiences

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I saw a few of them a while ago street witnessing. They looked just petrified. I did feel sorry for their ignorant asses.

But I still couldnt wipe the huge grin off my face.

GBL

• trevor
    trevor

I feel a wave of nostalgia as the memories come back. I remember how much it once meant to be with them.

Then I feel sorry for them and their hesitant, awkwardly, slow, self conscious way.

This is followed by a moment of anger.

Then I take a deep breath shake my head and ask myself - am I happier now? The answer is always yes, yes, yes!

Then I get on with my day, relieved that I broke free from the cult and survived.

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

I always look at them and wonder which ones are leading double lifes, which ones wish they were somewhere else, which ones are doing the math on how many hours they have put in for the month, which ones are thinking they are superior to all the ignorant wordly people. And which one is the rare one that actually goes out to help save people because they love them.

• Simon
    Simon

When I see groups of Jehovah's Witnesses on the street I feel ...

... like hitting the gas and swerving

Just kidding - I actually feel sorry for them, wasting their lives. They always look so miserable. I remember what it was like.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

GBL....they looked petrified because you were honking and swerving at them you crazy "poztate" !!!

1 word comes to mind when I see a group of Dub's....

Lemmings

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Evil-Thanks for the morning laugh

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

EF: Nice point.. never considered that..

GBL

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I feel absolutely no nostalgia--only embarrassment that I used to go door-to-door, not knowing what was really going on behind closed doors in my religion that I was selling to others.

In 2 years I think a couple JWs left a tract on my door. I see Mormons riding their bikes all the time--hardly ever see Witnesses except at the Lightrail station doing streetwork. Keep wondering about all the BS they used to tout about the great increase and how at the big A everyone would have heard the JW sermon and made their choice.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    Kitty, dont you get a little hungry when you see them?? Your avatar says Kittyeatzjdubs

true...true...they do taste good with a little garlic dipped in olive oil.

i'm trying to cut back on the b.s. in my diet though.

luv, jojo

• greendawn
    greendawn

I feel pity for them because they are such dupes to work for a human big business organisation while thinking they work for and get credited by God.

Remember also the guilt trip: tell your neighbour about the org or else you are guilty of their blood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit