The verdict is in! Michael Jackson is . . . . . . . . NOT GUILTY!

by nicolaou 138 Replies latest social current

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

It's this legalistic justification that is getting on my nerves. Laws do not define what is right and wrong they simply draw lines between what is lawful and what is unlawful - that is all. The law should be respected and adhered to and it is necessary to have the legal framework which allows offenders to to be punished. But . .

The law is sometimes wrong.

For example, Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat on that bus - she broke the law. Was she wrong to do so? Well eventually her actions led to a Supreme Court ruling banning segregation on city public transit vehicles.

Now, posters like 144,001 have misquoted me saying "you are the person who appears to be making the case that this (minor children sleeping with 46 year old men) is not legal. The burden is on you to provide the legal authority that supports your claim that this would be an illegal act. Everything is legal here unless proscribed by law."

In fact all I did was to challenge his obscene statement "It has always been ok for adults to sleep with minor children" I still challenge that - it may be lawful but it is not ok it is wrong!!

If you need the law to define for you what is right and wrong you have a problem - WHERE IS YOUR CONSIENCE?!!

• zagor
  • PaulJ
    PaulJ

I think the whole thing is horrible. How much smoke does there need to be, and for how many years, before someone finds a fire?

• Gill
    Gill

But to me, this all begs the question, 'why would anyone want to sleep with a child in their bed?'

I am a mother of five. Unless they are ill, or something is the matter I do not want to see them between the hours of 10 pm and 7 am. All I want to see of them is that they're all right when I check on them.

Have you ever had to sleep with a child in your bed?

They kick, wriggle, toss and turn, take up all your space, cuddle up to you and make you too hot, turn around and take all your coverings, they may smack you in the face, eye, mouth, whatever...all in all a terrible experience.

Why would ANYONE want to sleep with a child of any age?

I'm asking this and I'm a mum. Any ideas? It is NOT the most natural thing in the world to share your bed with your own child, never mind anyone elses!

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

In my opinion there is something seriously wrong with Mr. Jackson. However, the jury didnt find him guilty. I have to live with that.... and I will. If I commited a crime and my legal counsel could free me to fight another day I'd take the pass, any of us would.

First OJ Simpson, then MJ. I have to think the LA County Attorney's Office hires some folks who just cannot make a case. So far they have failed to convict OJ, MJ and Robert Blake... I don't live in California so I don't get local media, but I'd bet a dinner that they are not the only entertainment types to walk out free in the last few years.

His Ex wife was the trump card for him. I wonder how much shared custody of ones children was worth? I guess we know now. Debbie Rowe was bought and paid for in this case.

Maybe, just maybe LA county will gather enough evidence and a better set of witnesses and charge MJ again for a different set of charges. We can only hope. Or perhaps he will screw up in another state or transport a minor to invoke Federal charges... Maybe the Fed's will just catch him on taxes ala' Al Capone? He needs to be in prison or supervised treatment.

MJ may move abroad. Good. I hope he finds a country that will embrace his freakishness and let him sleep with all the kids, goats, dogs or whatever else he desires. LA county has left a monster about...free.

~Hill

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gill:

They kick, wriggle, toss and turn, take up all your space, cuddle up to you and make you too hot, turn around and take all your coverings, they may smack you in the face, eye, mouth, whatever...all in all a terrible experience.

I had a wife who used to do that - are you saying it's unconscienable to share a bed?

Nic:
    I disagree entirely with your comment on the conscience.
    Tell me, is it improper to show affection to a child? A hug, or cuddle?
    Where do you draw the line?

In different cultures, especially those with less means of living, the idea of sharing a bed has no negative connotations at all.
    So I'd perhaps like you to explain to me where your set of mores comes from.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Agreed that mj is very badly screwed up, almost for sure asexual. But, let's not forget that the us upper crust is currently in a christian frenzy. It makes the victorians look like commie sluts. In this atmosphere, 'witches' are needed so they can be hunted down. The media gladly helps w this. It gladly applies the fake witchlike nose on the target. Monty python all over, again.

S

• trevor
    trevor

Michael Jackson does not do a lot for me and can’t stand his music. I also consider him eccentric to say the least but he was not on trial for his music, being weird of for sharing his bed with children. He was charged with child molestation, among other things, and found not guilty. His Fame, unconventional lifestyle and childish leanings have left him exposed to gold diggers who have a history of dishonesty.

Like everyone one else on this thread I have no reliable information to hand on which to decide whether the charges brought against MJ are true or false. People will always have their own opinions but does someone here have such irrefutable evidence against MJ that the courts verdict can be ignored ?

The accusations have been tried exhaustively in one of the worlds most thorough court systems. MJ was found not guilty of all charges. To me Not guilty means Not guilty. That means Innocent of all charges. Free to go. It means his accusers lied. Speculation ended the day the unanimous not guilty verdict was delivered. People are free to think what they want but to publicly say he is not innocent after all he has been through to clear his name is simply not just.

Some posters have made some very sensible comments and were I on trial I would hope that such fair people were on the jury in my hour of need.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Ross, why do you and I keep doing this? (y'big Scottish lug)

Okay, here's where I'm coming from. I've grown up in a huge Greek Cypriot family. Hugs, kisses and bucketfuls of raw emotion are the absolute norm - and I love it! We are a tactile, physical bunch and I honestly believe the family bonds are stronger for it. My nieces and nephews will happily cuddle up to their Uncle Nic' on the sofa while we watch a Sunday movie after my Mum's latest gastronomic extravaganza.

Showing affection to children is not only proper, it is vital. Even children who are not yours, yes, even children you meet for the first time! But common sense tells me that such emotion is not displayed equally across the board. I might cuddle my brothers children - even fall asleep with them on the sofa - but I would never invite them into my bed! How much more caution would I show with children who were not part of the family or even known to me at all?

I know I wouldn't abuse them but that isn't the point is it? Because we all love children we want to protect them, and blurring the lines of what is acceptable will only confuse impressionable and vulnerable youngsters. If a child was clear that it is wrong for any adult to share his/her bed how much easier would it be for them to counter the wily, perverted, confidence building advances of the 'sick uncle' who just wants to "cuddle up and go to sleep for awhile"?

Conscience.

Now, posters like 144,001 have misquoted me saying "you are the person who appears to be making the case that this (minor children sleeping with 46 year old men) is not legal. The burden is on you to provide the legal authority that supports your claim that this would be an illegal act. Everything is legal here unless proscribed by law."

In fact all I did was to challenge his obscene statement "It has always been ok for adults to sleep with minor children" I still challenge that - it may be lawful but it is not ok it is wrong!! Nicolaou

This is pretty dishonest of you, Nicolaou. The context in which you challenged my "obscene statement" was in the context of whether it was legal to sleep (not have sex with) minors. You challenged my statements concerning the legality of it, yet failed to provide any authority for your foolish statements. Trying to rewrite history, several pages into the thread, is pretty weak, dude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit