The verdict is in! Michael Jackson is . . . . . . . . NOT GUILTY!

by nicolaou 138 Replies latest social current

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

This thread is stunning...

Which part of BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT don't some of you people understand?

The woman and her children were not credible witnesses. There was no material evidence. Other witnesses called by the Prosecution all had a track-record with Jackson that meant they had some incentive to do him wrong.

The Defence was not allowed to call character witnesses, just those who could shed light on the accuracy of the charges. Several young men testified they hadn't been abused.

How many of you have taken the time to read about the first set of allegations in depth and adjudge whether you think he was guilty then? Do you seriously think with the legal system as it is the fact he paid money means ANYTHING? Don't you realise this woman had a history of extorting money? She said she was going to be kidnapped in a hot-air ballon for Christ's sake! LOL.

Not guilty is not innocent, sure. But I think it is more likely that MJ is innocent than OJ was innocent. And I agree it is wrong to have a legal system where vasts amounts of money can effect the outcome of the trail. If it really bothers you that much look into the disproportionate sentencing outcomes of black people vs. white people for identical capital crimes. That happens every week; a far greater miscarriage of justice than anything that may have happened yesterday. Write to your representatives to complain about the inherent injustice of the system.

And is he really that stupid as to be a serial child abuser in his own house with the world press looking for the slightest mistake?? I mean, come on. If he really wanted little boys, with the amount of money he has he could have them and we would NEVER know. Rather disgusting to say it but it is true. MJ is sooooooooooooooooo STUPID he abuses the sons of house guests rather than paying for a rent boy.

The poor bastard had a twisted childhood, fucked up by fame and the damn cult we all know so well. What he lacks is real friends to tell him he's being bloody stupid; he's surrounded by parasitic yes-men and leeches. He will have hopefully learned having sleep-overs is gonna cause him more problems than it is worth - it's worth to him I think is more to do with his idolisation of childhood than any sexual charge.

It is downright weird, yes, but personally I think a man with a Peter-Pan complex wanting sleep-overs is not nearly as surprising as parents derelicting their responsibilities by allowing it.

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Turn you justice system into a media frenzy and the stars will win every time. The guy has or has had the money to get himself the mental care he so obviously needs but instead he used that money to bypass the system. I'm not being a weeping liberal and saying that he's had a hard childhood and should be excused for his actions (the ones he's admitted to, like it or not if the jury say not guilty the he's not guilty) but the man's not right in the head. It should never of been allowed to get this far if the safety of children where in anyway threatened.

And a question to all you American law experts, this not guilty isn't the same as innocent. Do you have three possible verdicts in the American legal system?

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

In the US it's gulity or not guilty; Scotland is quite unusual in having guilty, not guilty, and not proven (or "Och, I dinne know")

Anyone got anything to say about the Prosecuters track record, or shall we slag MJ off some more? LOL...

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I find it odd that people can hear 30 second sound bytes from the trial and know whether or not MJ is guilty or not guilty. 12 people + alternates spent weeks and weeks and weeks hearing testimony from both sides and determined that MJ was not guilty. I would say people had a pre-conceived notion on his guilt or innocence and whatever they chose to believe from the trial snippets only firmed this belief up. It's not a perfect system, but it's better than alot of the alternatives. If he's truly guilty MJ will have karma catching up with him. But I'm going to trust the 12 folks who were there and assume they are correct.

• Golf
    Golf

Abaddon,AMEN! Good post.

Golf

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Abaddon...absolutely spot on....

• dh
    dh

glad to see this verdict, it will be great to see jacko back on stage.

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

Nice one Abaddon. I only followed the trial through news reports on the radio, but in this case it seemed reasonable to doubt. The jurors seemed reasonably sensible too.

ig.

• jimakazi
    jimakazi

Abbandon - you have nailed it - good post.

Possibly if he hadn't been raised as a JW he may have been a little more well adjusted and able to cope with his fame. But then again what proper witness would put their kids in the situation the Jacksons were put in. Talk about mixed messages; what happened to "be no part of the world". We were not even allowed to buy Micheal Jackson music [before Thriller] as our elders felt it was too worldly [Michael was apparently a witness in good standing at the time, why wasn't he let loose on the kingdom melodies?], anyway we found Prince with songs like "Darling Niki" to be far more interesting anyway - and now Prince is a Witness! [go figure?]

In many ways Michael is a victim, just as many of us have been. And from the posting I see on this site many of us were damaged, or feel the effects of lost oportunities, or still have baggage - often despite many years of separation from the JW's. I would have thought a little more empathy may be apparent.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gyles:

Scotland is quite unusual in having guilty, not guilty, and not proven.

It's a useful system, for sure.
    When someone retains a verdict of "not proven" it leaves an element of doubt over an individual that can be a warning to the community.

In the case of MJ, surely being "innocent until proven guilty" and having a "not guilty" verdict returned should be enough?

Given this is the second time this has been alleged, I can only cast doubt on the "parents" who would allow sleepovers. Even without a question mark over the individual, who lets their kids stay overnight in the home of a single male? It's not been the "done thing" for a few generations!

I feel sorry for MJ. It's driven him back to the arms of "Mother".
    However, maybe he can find some "interesting company" by getting together with Prince, now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit