The verdict is in! Michael Jackson is . . . . . . . . NOT GUILTY!

by nicolaou 138 Replies latest social current

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

America is a nation of laws.

What you guys are arguing about is "morals". Is it proper to sleep with someone 8? 12? 15? 18? There are not laws saying you cannot sleep with an 8 year old. (Note sleep does not mean sex...there are laws against sexual contact). You can not make common sense into 1 billion laws.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

It is fine if you can't answer a few simple questions. I just thought since you are so adamant about him being innocent you wouldn't mind me asking questions that would put yourself in his shoes for my understanding your thoughts and ideas better.

I can think of a few reasons why you wouldn't answer.

Laws are Laws! I know that

However would you ever let your Child sleep and share the same Bed as Michael Jackson since he is innocent until he is found guilty?

Brooke

• carla
    carla

Think he will continue going to a kh?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Will,

I just finished watching an hour's interview of the jurors. That was precisely the point of some of them: how could a concerned mother allow her child to sleep unsupervised in a man's bed? They felt she orchestrated the whole thing. The mother's testimony weighed heavily in not believing the boy.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I know it looks bad for MJ even though he was judged not guilty. I seriously think he really is not guilty. He's a messed up person, for sure and he has hang ups that most concider not normal. The fact that the jury took such a long time to me shows that they took thier civic duty seriously, and that there must have been plenty of conflicting views that took a long time to come to some agreement.

In a way I feel sorry for him even though he has lots of money and fame. He may really be just a victim, because some have saught to get some of his money or fame.

If MJ really was a child molestor, I would think many more witnesses would have come forth, especially since he has had so many children over his house, so I don't think he is. I must admit though I do have doubts about his innocence and would never recomend that any children be in any prolonged private contact with him, in fear they he may well be a molestor. But the majority of my feelings are that he is not, and that he just has a lost childhood that haunts him, and that is why he's drawn to kids. I think Satanus may be right he really may be asexual.

If a person of MJ's fame and talent opens up his home to children, even though he never molested anyone, he is asking for trouble IMO. There are alway plenty who will take advantage of a weakness, or a kindness no matter who they hurt.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Kennison,

There is no question that the mother was not very reliable witness and weirdo to. Her and MJ deserved each other and MJ deserves all the bad publicity for his bad decisions. I still go back to MJ own words about not thinking there was anything wrong with allowing 13 year olds to sleep with him. He was opening himself up to liable actions. It will be interesting to see that even though he has been found not guilty criminally, he may still be found liable if the boys parents want to pursue it.

Will

"I just thought since you are so adamant about him being innocent you wouldn't mind me asking questions that would put yourself in his shoes for my understanding your thoughts and ideas better. I can think of a few reasons why you wouldn't answer."

It's not just me who is "adamant" about MJ's innocence, it is the court, the trier of fact, who concluded that he was not guilty of the charges.

I thought I clearly answered the question, but to clear up your doubts, no, I would not allow my kids to sleep with MJ, or you, for that matter. In fact, I can count the people I would trust to babysit my kids on one hand, and still have fingers left over.

As for the "few reasons" you can think of as to why I didn't answer your question initially, the truth of the matter is your question was not worthy of a response. It is entirely irrelevant to the discussion and appears to be nothing but a precursor to a personal attack. I'm hoping my assessment of your intentions was inaccurate.

• jula71
    jula71

The law states you can place a child in a dangerous situation. With that you can charge MJ and the kid’s mother. I saw all the interviews after the case, not one juror mentioned the lack of evidence, the mentioned how much the disliked the kids mom. They let their emotions towards the mom override everything. As I said, our system isn’t perfect but it’s the best one out there.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Will,

He wasn't tried for whether he slept with boys in the past, but whether he slept with his accuser and whether he abused him. The jurors determined not.

There we have it. Let's fire Sneddon and hire Julia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit