I was thinking of forbidding my wife from taking the kids out in service

by Check_Your_Premises 167 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    Do your elders know you post on this board?

That shut him/her up!

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

unbeliever ...

Actually, I thought it was a rhetorical question ... either way ... no answer ... my choice...

rr ... take some real good advice ... from 'the wise one' ... listen to your mother. Do you think maybe she loves you a bit more than your 'new friends' here?

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    Do you think maybe she loves you a bit more than your 'new friends' here?

I know she loves me, as I love her also. However, she has said things to me, which I'm not obligated to tell you, that let me know that her love is very conditional. I am a free minded individual, and I think and do as I please.

And as far as my "new friends" here, they are far more sincere and supportive than any other witness has been. However, I maintain an extensive circuit of friends and allies. I've never fought alone.

I truly hope that you hope that find a better hobby than targeting 17 year olds on the internet...

Still waiting to hear what you they'll do to me with my name and cell number...

• Balsam
    Balsam

This is just a thought about the kids. Try not to turn this into a battle with your wife. But clearly let your kids be informed about other religions, and then clearly let the kids know they don't have to attend meetings or go door to door with Mom if they don't want too. That they will be perfectly ok to stay home. Help the kids understand that JW are only one small religion and have their opinions about the concept of God just like other religions do. Make it clear to your wife you will not allow the kids to be forced to conform to the JW viewpoint on God. Stand your ground and always defend your kids first and foremost when it comes to the religion. Then you got to let your wife know you love her but will not let the religion of JW become an issue in your home. You are the head of the household and your suppose to take the lead. Good Luck.

Balsam

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Unbeliever,

I doubt you question the love. You would probably be surprised if the JWs you know have anything at heart but your best interests, except where those interests conflict with what the Bible watchtower.org or the Body of Elders in your congregation says.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

Isn't that the way the line goes, a friend in need?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/84617/1.ashx

• Soledad
    Soledad
    Oh my goodness. If only they had a little emoticon with a midde finger... Anybody have one?

you know I got your back.....

with love!

• JT
    JT

Bring art, music, sports, education to them

$$$$$$$

great point, let your kids play sports, band the whole nine yards- keep them busy little league on the weekend - they will see that as kids they should be having fun and not being SALES Men for some company out of NYC

take them to see their cousins grandma, spend the night with grandma, and their cousins, - spend the night with kids in their class, let them do things

nothing is more boring than being a jw kid-

don't tell them not to but let them decide want to go to the game or to the hall, you can go to the hall next week since it will be there but the game is only this week

let them see they will not DIE if they miss a meeting

• LDH
    LDH

First, determine whether you have equal access to your own kids.

The WT's own publications talk about the non-JW parent's right to expose those children to conflicting religious beliefs. Blondie may be able to help find that article, ask her.

1. Either she allows you to expose your children to differing viewpoints (in which case make sure to take the kids to church services of TOLERANT sects, whether Christian or not.) This will solve the problem. Get them involved in youth groups where they could actually have fun worshipping if you so choose.

2. If she doesn't allow you equal access immediately with no arguing or making the children "pay" for it, use this article to take her to the elders for not being obedient.

Lisa

Fights Fire With Fire Class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit