I was thinking of forbidding my wife from taking the kids out in service

by Check_Your_Premises 167 Replies latest jw friends

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

It is summer time. The kids are out of school next week. My wife is a newly dunked dub, who goes out in service on thursdays. I am a never baptized clandestine opposer UBM. I don't want the 9 and 12 year old out. I would prefer that the 2 yr old didn't either but I don't think it has as much of an effect on her.... yet. The reason why is because going around in field service is a powerful reinforcement of the jw identity. I don't want my kids becoming dubs because they have been running around acting like dubs. My brother lives a block away so I have a place for them to go... the older two anyway. A 2 yr old is a little harder to pawn off. I can make it optional, in which case the 9yr old won't go, and the 12yr old will go sometimes. My brother does have a pool, which might cause his house to win out more often than not. I can forbid it. I would have to give a justification. The only one I can think of is the above one. Is it worth the trouble to forbid it? Will I lose trust with the jw cult member? This is an important consideration since I have worked very hard to restablish trust I lost when I freaked out and called the jw a cult. Any thoughts from my formerly dunked friends here?

• rick1199
    rick1199

I know a couple of farther who forbid their kids from going to meetings and FS.

The first has 1 kid who is a JW and one who isnt.

The second know of his 3 joined.

So I say go for it, your head of the familys spirituality so you can decide if they go.

• rick1199
    rick1199

So I say go for it, your head of the familys spirituality so you can decide if they go.

• rick1199
    rick1199

• rick1199
    rick1199

I know a couple of dads who forbid their kids from going to meetings and FS.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

So let me get this right. I am the head of the family and it is my decision if they go.

I am the head of the family and it is my decision if they go.

Thanks for clearing that up and giving me an opportunity to be a smart ass.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Hmmmm.

Forbidding would be a big step. You would definitely set off alarm bells unless you had a better reason that you don't want to become dubs. Especially since your wife's main goal in life is to get them to be dubs.

Your wife may never be recovered from the dubs, but your children have a chance. I personally would risk her loss of trust in order to save the kids. I wouldn't stop at service though, I would educate them pretty well on religions in general. Of course, I would show them the faults of the witnesses as well.

Remember, though, just as a mate will study behind their mate's back they will also inculcate (JW buzzword) the truth into the children whether you like it or not.

Since this is something that they feel effects the person's eternal life they will go behind your back if necessary to get the children to be dubs. I've known children that get out of school early (high school) and instead of coming home are picked up by witnesses, have their weekly bible study or go in service, and then come home when school would normally end. Thus, they are in appearance following their parents wishes but in fact are following what they view to be god's laws.

• Chia
    Chia

Tough call Check Your Premises. This is my advice, and I am by no means an expert. My father is UBM and my mom is a faithful hardcore Dub. My mom wore the pants in the family, so she made us. I think if my dad had been quite as forceful as my mom was, I would think, "Well, maybe there is some truth to this stuff, because I don't see what he's so afraid of. Maybe Mom is being persecuted." I would be open with your kids, and let them know that they don't have to do anything they don't want to. If at anytime they are feeling forced to do something, they can always come to you for help. Let your wife know that you won't accept it if she forces the children to go out in service. That way, it's your children's choice. I think the biggest fear is your wife forcing her newfound zeal on her children. Please avoid that at all costs. Just be a listening ear for them, watch for the signs, if it looks like they're being coerced, put your foot down.

• TheListener
    TheListener

ROTFLMAO!!!!

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Holy crap. Chia is just an older me without a penis! (not that shes old)

I was in the same situation as her. Exactly.

I wouldn't forbid- because then your wife will go cry to an Elder / Elder's wife and tell him/her that her UBM is opposing her. Then they will commend her and encourage her to bring them regardless. There are cases where mom's would drag their kids out and even kidnap them and just get praise from the brothers. Call her on the "wives must be in subjection to their husbands" law .

Try to discourage the kids instead. Offer them something super cool instead of sitting in a hot car in dress clothes.

It might take more time in the end - but its worth not having brainwashed litte turd Dub kids.

TRUST ME- I'm an expert on this UBM shit...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit